Backpacking around Italy, Germany, France and Spainfor two months during spring?

I’m planning to backpack around four European countries for two months during the spring time. These are the cities I am planning to go to with the number of days per city inside the parentheses. I think there must be a strategic way to travel through these cities as I looked at a map and sought out how each... show more I’m planning to backpack around four European countries for two months during the spring time. These are the cities I am planning to go to with the number of days per city inside the parentheses. I think there must be a strategic way to travel through these cities as I looked at a map and sought out how each city may lead to another city.

Rome (7), Florence (5), Venice (3)
Dresden (5), Berlin (7), Cologne (4)
Paris (7), Bordeaux (5), Lourdes (2)
Barcelona (7), Madrid (7)

Anyway, I was wondering if there are alternative areas in Southern France I could go to that would eventually lead me to Lourdes and Barcelona? I’m not really familiar with that area so I just placed Bordeaux as a destination since it was suggested by someone. Another person also recommended Lyon.

Furthermore, would you recommend for me to purchase a Eurail to travel between these cities? Or a mix of bus, airplane and train? If so, which point to point should I use a specific form of transportation?

I know my question is loaded, but I hope someone would find a time to answer this. I have done my research and I know what will work but personal opinion matters to me as well.

Thank you.