Epic TV shows like The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Falling Skies, Breaking Bad?

This year I discovered the 4 shows mentioned in the title, and what's in common with all of them is how they are just epic & compelling shows

Got zombie apocalypse epicness, medieval epicness, alien apocalypse epicness, and drug lord epicness shows here, so what else is there?

But now I'm 100% up to date with all 4 shows and would like to know if there are any more really great, epic, compelling dramas like these I can also get caught up on?

So list shows you consider similarly epic, and give a brief summary of what the show is about

@Sabeee : I've heard of that but I know it's on Showtime, I don't think there's even a way I could watch it except on virus filled, laggy, low resolution streaming sites :/

That or paying loads of money for the DVDs/Blu Rays of it

I don't want to subscribe to Showtime for 1 show, I ended up doing that with Game Of Thrones and it's stupid because every other show on the channel seems to suck :/ now I'm paying monthly for JUST GoT, even when it's off season.... don't wanna have 2 instances of that lol

@Z : Wikipedia says Firefly was cancelled after 14 episodes... therefore I can assume a few things

1.If I like it, I'd only be dissapointed that it cut out at 14 episodes

(& Seriously. **** Fox, always cancelling good stuff)

2.Can it really be "epic" if it's cut off that short? If any of the shows I listed stopped at episode 14 it would have been downright stupid....

3.Maybe it's not actually even good considering it got cancelled?

IDK

Best Answer

Dexter! You will LOVE it. It's right up there with the epicness. It's about dexter Morgan who works for the Miami metro police forensics , an moon lights as vigilante serial killer. Totally amazing and unpredictable, and never the same thing. serial killer epic ness!

Shows Like Falling Skies

• Rose D

Lost - sci fi story about a plane that crashes on an island that isn't as deserted as they would like.

Heroes - people develop powers.

Battlestar Galactica - human civilization is almost wiped out and they have to flee from their Cylon attackers.

Prison Break - an engineer decides to break his brother out of prison because he believes he is innocent. This plan starts with landing in prison himself.

Rome - the story of two Roman centurions.

Alias - spy drama about a CIA agent who discovers that she's not actually working for the CIA. She's working for the bad guys. And she decides to play double agent.

Firefly. It's got space western epicness. I can't even- It's too epic for words. I can't describe it, it's just the blimmin' best show that has ever existed. Ever. In my opinion, it blasts all 4 of your shows out of the water. You may disagree with that, but I guarantee you'll agree with me when I say that it's a bloody awesome show.

Source(s): Watch it. The show speaks for itself.

Revolution. Government creates a weapon that supposed to wipe electricity from the enemy but it went wrong and turns off the power in the whole world. Story starts 15 yrs later when the U.S. is taken over by different militia. The actor Gus Frings is in it

hell on wheels...

post american civil war building of the railroad out west and the third best AMC show... season 3 starts aug3