Why has my car stopped blowing both hot and cold air?

I have a 2003 PT Cruiser. It has recently completely stopped blowing hot or cold air. If I turn on the AC or defrost, it's just blowing the same temp air back at me as is in my car. I'm in Florida... AC is like, super important. lol.

Any ideas on what it is and how to fix it?

• Paul

Need good H.V.A/C shop. Sounds like a Freon Leak and bad Directional Vend Door Controls.

Source(s): 38 Years Exp.

The thermostat would desire to be caught in the closed place, or your cooling fan (in the back of the radiator) would desire to no longer be working collectively as the A/C is on. The fan must be working, or the A/C won't run (this occurs promptly to help shop the motor vehicle from overheating). i'm unsure, yet I think of that the A/C might promptly close off while the engine reaches a definite temperature, too.

Well, you got two absolutely incorrect answers.

Something is going on with the air delivery through the ductwork.

It could be a problem with the blend door or one of the diverter doors, or if your inside fan doesn't change speeds with the control, it could be a bad blower motor.

Sounds like your a/c compressor won't engage. Given the age of the car, I think it's time for Chrysler to take a look at it.