Pain after yeast infection? Vulvar vestibulitis?

I was on an antibiotic in March that gave me a horrific yeast infection. I know those cause painful sex and we didn't want it to spread so we waited. Well about 2 weeks after, we tried to have sex....omg it felt like he was ripping me open! So I've went to the doctor and went to the doctor and again, I went... show more I was on an antibiotic in March that gave me a horrific yeast infection. I know those cause painful sex and we didn't want it to spread so we waited. Well about 2 weeks after, we tried to have sex....omg it felt like he was ripping me open! So I've went to the doctor and went to the doctor and again, I went to the doctor. She gave me estrogen cream, checked me for tears, tested me over and over....nothing. Well she referred me to another doctor that thinks I may have Vulvar Vestibulitis. I've been using a nystatin/hydrocrtisone/pain relief cream for about 2 weeks and I'm terrified to have sex. Can all this be caused by ONE yeast infection? When will the pain go away!?! I know sex isn't everything but it's hard not to be intimate with the one you love! Btw we are BOTH disease and infection free, so that's not the case!
4 answers 4