Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 7 years ago

Input on this budget gaming PC?

Just need some advice into potentially lowering the cost or increasing performance, but staying within $500.

$49.03 Case: NZXT Source 220 ATX Mid Tower Case

$64.99 Motherboard: ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M Micro ATX FM2

$127.98 APU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor

$19.99 Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing

$55.58 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM

$39.99 PSU: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V

$62.05 RAM: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866

Extra:

$16.99 Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS

$24.99 Wifi Adapter: Asus PCE-N15 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1

Total: $461.59

Coming from consoles. I'm looking to being able to upgrade in the future. Would like current games to be running at at least 40 or 50 frames at 1080p at around medium settings.

Thanks!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depending on game it might get 1080p on medium but more realistic 720p

PSU seems to a little low at the moment I suggest a 550-600W well done for getting a Bronze Certified PSU, Lot of people just go for higher watts but this isn't always a good thing

Worked out our build to be 539Watt needed

http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/

EDIT: :::::: Added a GPU by misake it says 471Watt with CPU alone but still suggest a slightly higher PSU 550W should be fine

suggest later on getting a dedicated Graphics card later on.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

no this would not run games at 1080p on medium at 40-50 frames. it could however run games at 720p at 40-50 frames on medium. also if you wish to upgrade in the future: on the the cpu side of things socket fm2 would not be the way to go if you want to upgrade in the cpu in the future theres not much you can do. you could go with a socket 1155 motherbord and get an i3 3220 with a nice cheap grphics and then youll get some good speed. but if your not planning on upgrading the cpu anytime soon but you are the graphics card you could do one of two options with this cpu 1) grab a radeon 6670 graphics card and it will automatically crossfire with the apu (cpu and gpu in one) or 2) grab a better mid-range to high end graphics card and it will not crossfire with the cpu but it most likeley wont matter anyway because the graphics card will be faster than the cpu. but anyway i probably just confused you to the point that my answer doesnt matter lol. but nice ur making the upgrade to pc!

EDIT: see if you can up your budget to $600 you will get so much more performance out of a $600 pc than a $500 for only $100 more (provided that you carefully choose your components to get you the best fps.

• 7 years ago

I'd get a larger PSU, besides that everything seems good. In future upgrades it's better to have extra power than to have too little. Good Luck!

Source(s): Experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.