Good Colleges that don't require hight sat scores or none at all?

have to have a business program

preferably I were prefer colleges in New York, Florida or Canada

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ashley
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Below is a list of colleges and universities that are test-optional. That means that’s you’re not required to submit your ACT or SAT scores if you think they might actually negatively affect the rest of your application. That said, if you have good scores, it’s probably a good idea to submit them. Make sure you read all the directions on each individual college application because they will all have different criteria. So talk to you guidance counselor before you make a final decision.

Why are certain schools open to looking past the ACT or SAT? Well, some just don’t see the relevance. For example, an art or technical school might not see the SAT or ACT as a proper measurement for whether you’d succeed in their programs. Other schools understand that the exams give an unfair advantage to students from schools or families who can afford steep test prep sessions and the opportunity to take the exams multiple times until they reach their desired grades. And some schools simply understand the an exam is not the measure of a person.

So if you’re not completely happy with your score, or if you haven’t taken either exam and simply need to get your applications in before the deadline, take a look at these test-optional schools and see if you’re a match!

Test-Optional 4-year Colleges and Universities:

American University

Arizona State University at Tempe

Arkansas State University

Austin Peay State University

Bard College

Bates College

Bennington College

Bowdoin College

California State University at Bakersfield, Chico, Dominguez Hills, East Bay, Fresno, Fullerton, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Monteray Bay, Northridge, Sacramento, San Bernadino, San Marcos, and Stanislaus

College of the Atlantic

College of the Holy Cross

Connecticut College

Denison University

DePaul University

Dickinson College

Drew University

East Tennessee State University

Eastern Kentucky University

Fairfield University

Franklin and Marshall College

Furman University

Juniata College

Kansas State University (score required for out-of-state applicants)

Knox College

Lake Forest College

Lawrence University

Lewis & Clark College

Loyola College in Maryland

Marist College

Middle Tennessee State University

Middlebury College (SATII’s required if SAT not submitted)

Minnesota State University

Mount Holyoke College

Muhlenberg College

Nazareth College

New School (certain programs require tests)

Northern Arizona University

Ohio State University at ATI Wooster, Marion, Newark (scores required for out-of-state applicants)

Oklahoma State University, Stillwater

Pitzer College

Providence College

Robert Morris University

Rollins College

St. John’s College Annapolis and Santa Fe

Sarah Lawrence College

Sewanee: The University of the South

Smith College

South Dakota State University

Stetson University

Stonehill College

Susquehanna University

Union College

University of Alaska at Anchorage, Fairbanks and Southeast

University of Arizona

University of Arkansas at Fort Smith, Little Rock, Monticello and Pine Bluff

University of Idaho

University of Kansas

University of Maine at Augusta, Farmington, Ft. Kent and Presque Isle

University of Minnesota at Crookston, Duluth and Morris

University of Mississippi

University of Montana at Missoula and Western

University of Nebraska at Kearney and Lincoln

University of Nevada at Las Vegas and Reno

University of Texas at Arlington, Brownsville, Dallas, El Paso, Pan American, San Antonio and Tyler

Ursinus College

Wake Forrest University

Washington College

Washington and Jefferson College

Western Kentucky University

Wheaton College (MA)

Wittenberg University

Whitworth University

Worcester Polytech Institute (WPI)

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

It's probably going to be a for-profit college, which unfortunately usually costs more. I would check out De-Vry or ITT Tech. These schools have been around for a long time. I would avoid Phoenix, Capella, and the other johnny-come-latley schools.

Yourbest bet, of course, for a top-notch education would be a well-established public or private institution.

The problem with the for-profit schools, is that they typically offer a more remedial education. This is because they resemble the correspondence schools that were once wide spread a few decades back. Such schools had few if any entrance requirements other than a high school diploma. Since they offered education to anyone, regardless of their level of intellect, they had to make the material less advanced in content, so it would be more easily understood. Still, such education as this isn't without value. The drawback to attending in-residence universities is that they often have a large number of unnecessary prerequisites, often unrelated to the course of study, that the student must complete before they can graduate.

• 8 years ago

LSU is nice, but it's in Louisiana. You only need like a 22--20 in the math--and they'll let you right in.

Source(s): Kaine
  • 7 years ago

Just go to a community college, is about as effective as a university college.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

that's an interesting question and I hope you will get some valuable answers

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That's like saying "I'm ugly, fat, stupid, and short - and I want to know what state I can win a beauty contest so I can go for Miss America."

• 8 years ago

UST in minnesota, best busines school ever

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.