Help with rs prejudice work?

So I'm gonna do prejudice about muslims

And becs I'm taking RS I have to do well

So level 3 I have to do " can identify and explain some problems with prejudice "

Level 4: " can describe how a believer would respond to prejudice and religon"

Level 5: can comepare the above ideas and describe how a non believer would respOnd to prejudice and religion and explain why they respond in this way."

Level 6 - which is what I'm aiming for " can explain using religious reasons and evidence from the bible ( other holy books) how belief in religion and different types of prejudice affects the lives of believers

Can you just explain that in a simpler form lol when I think to much I get really confused so idk what to do also the question about the essay is " produce an extended piece of writing showing arguements for and agaisnt the prejudice, referring back to religion in your answer "

So yeah can u explain what I have to do pls thanks

3 Answers

Relevance
  • ANGELA
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Today in the United States of America there are approximately 3 million persons who are adherents of Islam. Arab Americans, both Christian and Muslim, constitute a growing number of persons in the American population. These persons are suffering the effects of a particularly virulent prejudice too often aided and abetted by statements and images in the media and by rhetoric from some of the highest political leadership.

As part of the fabric of racism in the U.S.A., in which both subtle and violent acts continue against ethnic minority groups and persons, such acts are also being perpetrated against the Arab and Muslim communities in the U.S.A.

Arab American organization offices, mosques, and Islamic centers have been bombed and torched. Leaders of these communities have been murdered and questionable uses of law have been utilized to stifle the rights of association and freedom of expression. Though discriminatory acts against Arabs and Muslims do not stand in isolation from similar acts perpetrated against other racial and ethnic minority persons in the U.S.A., their existence and effects upon Arabs and Muslims have been little acknowledged in U.S. society, with concomitant deleterious effect on U.S. perceptions, internationally, as they touch upon relations with predominantly Arab and Muslim nations and organizations.

Therefore, The United Methodist Church, in the knowledge that Jesus calls us to the blessings of peacemaking and reminds us that the highest law is to love God and neighbor, calls its members:

(1) To oppose demagoguery, manipulation, and image making that seeks to label Arabs and Muslims in a negative way;

(2) To counter stereotypical and bigoted statements made against Muslims and Islam, Arabs and Arabic culture;

(3) To increase knowledge of neighbor by study and personal contact that yield a greater appreciation of the Muslim and Arabic contributions to society;

(4) To act decisively to include Arabs and Muslims in interfaith and community organizations; and

(5) To pray for the perfection of community among us and to participate fully in the process of bringing it into being. In order to aid United Methodists to respond to this call, all boards, agencies, and institutions of The United Methodist Church are requested to provide resources and program and, where appropriate, to act in advocacy.

http://gbgm-umc.org/programs/antihate/muslimsandar...

ALSO STUDY

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/rs/preju...

http://www.soundvision.com/info/racism/amongmuslim...

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jmmh/10381607.0007.101...

AAA

• 4 years ago

everybody who says no is mendacity. Prejudice is a few thing all of us have, extra so imagine. of route no individual is going to understand if that individual would not say some thing about it. everybody and truthfully everyone has some kinds of prejudice i'm positive.

• 8 years ago

Google it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.