How to make a living off a niche business?

I truly don't want to be stuck in a 9-5 job working for someone. My true passion is in fitness and personal reliance skills like wilderness survival, self defense, etc. But mainly fitness. I want to change lives. I'm about to enter my senior year of high school, and I'm not sure what steps to take.... show more I truly don't want to be stuck in a 9-5 job working for someone. My true passion is in fitness and personal reliance skills like wilderness survival, self defense, etc. But mainly fitness. I want to change lives. I'm about to enter my senior year of high school, and I'm not sure what steps to take. Right now I've tremendously helped people at school for free, and its rewarding to see a physical change in a person as well as a rise in confidence, happiness, etc. I want to open up my own gym and have extra programs like a survival course/self defense course? is this a good idea? is it possible to make a decent living (approx. 40k per year)? and what steps do I take? NOTE: I cant really afford a bachelors, though an associates is a possibility... Thanks so much!
Update: Also, as I move up the ladder, I can always go back for a bachelors/eventually masters, right? thanks again!