Anonymous

University of Alabama dorm? Read info!?

Ok so I want to go to the university of Alabama and if i get in do I have to live in a dorm room? Because I wanted to rent a house while I'm down there. Ill be close to the university. I just really don't want to live in a dorm!! Please help me.!

Best Answer

The University of Alabama is committed to providing all of its students with a comprehensive educational experience. There are numerous educational and social benefits for first year students living in the residence halls that may not be realized by those living off campus. With this understanding, UA began requiring all first year students to live on campus effective Fall Semester, 2006.

First year undergraduate students enrolled as full-time students, as defined in the University of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog, will be required to live in campus residence halls. Students first enrolling in the summer are required to live in the residence halls during the Summer, Fall, and Spring Semesters. Students first enrolling in the fall are required to live in the residence halls during the Fall and Spring Semesters. Students first enrolling in the spring are required to live in the residence halls during the Spring Semester.

Students who will live in the legal residence of their parent(s) or guardian(s) may be exempted from the Freshman Residency Program.

Requests for exemption to the Freshman Residency Program on the basis of compelling individual circumstances will be considered.

Freshman residency exemptions are not granted automatically. Each is considered as it is submitted. Students will be notified whether the exemption is granted in a timely manner.

Which UA? Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Huntsville? You can easily go the school's website and look at the housing information.

Living in a dorm is great. You're not responsible for cleaning, cooking and a lot of other time-consuming activities. You don't have to worry about paying electricity and water bills. And there are always other people around to study with, play cards with, etc.

Many schools require freshman to live in dorms. After that, you can usually decide.

I doubt you are able to any ingredient with a warm plate, like a coffee maker or possibly a toaster. maximum enable a microwave. All enable a hair dryer. call up the housing place of work. they provides you with the information. At my son's college, it differed from dorm to dorm. often they do no longer deliver you out a itemizing of what's permitted until you prepare for housing and that they assign you a dorm

TOO BAD, most universities (including UoA) require first-year students to live in the dorms.