What is the meaning of 21 jewels in Seiko watch? What is the difference in the Seiko watch without 21 jewels?

I wanted to buy seiko watch for my boyfriend but I wanted to know what's the difference of having 21 jewels in the watch. That got me confused. Can anyone would help? Thanks

Best Answer

What is the meaning of 21 jewels in Seiko watch?

=> When the number of jewels is stated on the watch dial that means it is a mechanical watch that operates either with wrist movement or hand winding. In the case of the 21-jewel Seiko, the movement should be a 7s26 and is an automatic mechanical that relies on wrist movement to spin the rotor to get the watch ticking. About watch jewels, in layman's term, they are used on the moving parts in the movement to reduce friction with metal because they are made of synthetic corundum, very hard, and won't wear out. So when friction is reduced the watch movement can be more accurate.

What is the difference in the Seiko watch without 21 jewels?

=> Without 21 jewels means that it is not a mechanical watch but a watch with a battery-operated quartz movement. A quartz watch will still have a few jewels for the moving parts but the jewel count is normally not stated on the dial. A mechanical watch requires servicing after about 5 years (or 8-10 for the 7s26 workhorse) while a battery-operated requires battery change including for the solar charging watches.

• ?6 years agoReport

The second part of the answer is NOT correct. Seiko made many 17 jewel watches (DX 17 for example). So, jewels are used in mechanical (winding or automatic watches), while quartz—at least in Seiko case—does not use them. Some quartz watches may have a few jewels in complicated mechanisms.

Seiko 5 Automatic 21 Jewels

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): meaning 21 jewels seiko watch difference seiko watch 21 jewels: https://tr.im/BJpfc
  • Bonnie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axAgi

Water resist is not the same as water proof. It means only up to 1 m in the water.