I am connected to Internet but have no Internet access?
I have xfinity and a net gear router but I have no Internet access on my windows 7 computer but my laptop is connected and working fine please help me fix this
- Dell Inc.Lv 77 years agoFavorite Answer
There can be several point of failures in this issue. To isolate the root cause and resolve this issue, you may follow the steps below:
1) Ensure the connections are firm and the network cable is properly connected to the computer.
2) Check 'Device Manager' to see the make and model of the network card.
To access 'Device Manager', press Windows key + R > Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ > Hit Enter. Under 'Network adapters', you will find the wireless card listed.
Once you get to know the network card, you may install the updated drivers for your wireless/Ethernet card from the manufacturer's website.
3) Try resetting the TCP/IP stack.
To reset the TCP/IP stack go to the following article. Either click on "Fix it for me" or follow the instructions to fix it yourself: http://bit.ly/3TrgcU
4) Disable firewall of antivirus and see if it makes any difference.
5) Run Network troubleshooter: If the issue persists, you may run Network troubleshooter to diagnose and repair the problem. For more details, you may refer to the following link: http://bit.ly/ayoCy9
For more details, you may refer to the following link: http://bit.ly/13gTGaY
Hope this helps.
Thanks and Regards,