For those that believe in government, How is the "do not call" list working for you?

The government has the Federal Communication Commission to regulate the phone system among other things. The government allows citizens to register for the "do not call" list". Yet, they seem unable to stop unwanted and illegal calls from solicitors ("card services" to name 1). What logic would lead people to believe that the government can efficiently (and without risk to consumer's lives) run The ACA (Obama-care)?

Update:

To say ACA and the DNC list are different are true. The same bureaucratic management style and disinterested government employees will be working to implement ACA. With all the power of the federal government they cannot (or will not) stop illegal calls. That seems much simpler that implementing and running ACA by several orders of magnitude. If the government cannot do the simple things how can you believe it can do complicated things? To say they are different is not a valid reason to believe the government which cannot do 1 can do the other.

Update 2:

To say ACA and the DNC list are different are true. The same bureaucratic management style and disinterested government employees will be working to implement ACA. With all the power of the federal government they cannot (or will not) stop illegal calls. That seems much simpler that implementing and running ACA by several orders of magnitude. If the government cannot do the simple things how can you believe it can do complicated things? To say they are different is not a valid reason to believe the government which cannot do 1 can do the other.

Update 3:

No concept that anything was said about any political party. ACA will dictate the treatment in so far as what it forces to be covered and how it is to be treated. So the idea that your doctor is free to consult with only the patient in deciding treatment is incorrect. .

Update 4:

Being in a foreign country does not stop the government from extradition and does not relieve the FCC or phone companies, regulated by the FCC, from enforcing the law.

For problems with the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), see source below. They, by using money, will decide what is allowed and not.

http://www.aei.org/article/health/entitlements/ipa...

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

One thing I have found is that if I am able to track the callers down, I find that their company is in some foreign country, out of reach of the Federal government. I do wish they would use the phone call records to track down the people at "Credit Card Relief", etc.

Nonetheless, you are making assumptions about government workers, of which there are a couple of million throughout the country, that they don't give a damn about their jobs. I have interacted with many of them and although some are rude, the majority of them are not. But you also make the really ridiculous assumption that they are all Democrats. I guess the fact that it was a conservative Republican who admitted to ordering the closer scrutiny of conservative political groups escapes you.

The only thing that will be "run" about the ACA is the insurance policies that people buy, whether they buy them or not, etc. It will not interfere in the doctor patient relationship any more than Medicare has done with their beneficiaries.

• 7 years ago

a do not call list is a lot different than health care.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.