Nascar Nation who is the most underrated driver in Nascar?

Who could be the next JJ?

• Rick
    Favorite Answer

Mark Martin. For him to be out there every week and still be fairly competitive at his age is amazing.

I don't think there is another JJ out there, mostly because I don't think NASCAR is going to allow any driver to dominate the sport. They are going to continue to manipulate the outcome of the races and manufacture drama any/every way they can.

• ?

Most underrated in Nascar is Regan Smith. He did a lot with that Furniture Row car. And he didn't have Todd Berrier has a crew chief either. And look at what he is doing in the same car Danica was driving last year. Already won a race and leading the points. I remember at the first of the year all the announcers on ESPN were picking who they thought was going to win the championship and not one picked Smith.

Who I think will be the next JJ? Kyle Larsen. This kid can drive. I am a little worried that he is a development driver for Ganassi. But he crazy talented and a future star in Cup

I admit this sounds crazy, but I would say Ricky Stenhouse Jr. The thing is he gets a lot of attention but most of it is because of the Danica nonsense instead of the fact he's a two-time Nationwide series champion as well as the best rookie out there. Also, he's a pretty serious wheelman driving for an elite team which means he's going to be winning some races soon.

David Ragan

• Jay

First, there is no next JJ. Scratch that. Casey Mears is very underrated. When he was with RCR he was the fastest of the RCR cars in many races.

• Dale Jr.