Rema asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 7 years ago

List of tap jazz and ballet dance steps across the floor?

I am making a detailed list to evaluate all my student on, from beginner to advanced levels, but my brain is fried. I seriously can not even think of everything that we do in class, or even the stuff I have not taught some of them yet!

If you know of any steps or combinations to do across the floor in jazz tap or ballet it would be great, so that I can make my list complete! Or random flexible stuff for center.

I have children ages 3-15 levels range from beginner to advanced.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!!

Favorite Answer

Tap:

Pick-ups

Broken pick-ups

flap

flap step

buffalo

buffalo-"falling off the log"

flap heel turns

You can put some of them together...I'm in an advanced class so That's all I can think of that little kids can do in tap

Ballet:

Jetes(Even if they are no good still practice. It helps for the little ones when they get older)

pirouette(Add some other steps to the combination to get them across the floor I.E step, step, prepare, pirouette )

chaine turns

pekay turns

'm not sure of the name, but it's like a pekay turn except the back leg lifts up instead of the front leg

If you have a bar that stretches from one side of the room to the other, try advanced jumps, but have them do it on the bar...

assemble

balence

cabriole

battement

glissade

grand jete

grand battement

pa de chat

tour en l'air

Again sorry about the advanced steps...You could separate the more advanced kids from older ones...I did these when I was young, but I was more advanced then the other children...

Jazz(My favorite):

Jete

Grand Jete

Straddle leap

chaine

fan kicks

illusions

I am blanking from thinking about dance...I have modern steps, tap ballet, ice, EVERYTHING wandering around my mind right now, but the one steps you should always practice with them is the step kick thing, just take a step and with great posture kick forward as high as you can, then the older ones can do kick forward turn to the next direction and kick your back leg to the side, then kick the next leg to the back trying to kick your head then shasay(Sorry about spelling I'm not sure how to spell some of these) off the stage

shasay witching your legs after each one across the floor(Some of these are simple, but help them with future steps

That's all I can think of right now...My brain is going to explode if I try to think of anymore

Take my answers and a few others or google some more, but Whatever! :P Some of these can be used for center, but I just kinda focused on across the floor ;))) Hope I helped! Good Luck!

Source(s): 14 year old dancer for 11 years! <3(Ice, ballet, acrobatics, tap, jazz, ballet, modern/lyrical, and pointe:))

I love ballet, jazz, tap, latest, lyrical, and pointe, but ballet is my all-time favourite. It can be the core to all dance, and it can be soooooo lovely!!!! If you want to do a jazz, you almost need to do ballet. You then have to decide - do you want to make a variety of noise along with your ft, get "down" in some hip-hop, or be flowy and transfer kind of bizarre??? It can be really up to what you adore and need to do. You could talk to your teacher before courses start as to what she/he thinks you could work on or are just right at then go together with that. It is all as much as you, fairly. Good success and have enjoyable!!!