Is Chechnya Good or Bad?

What I mean by this question is does Chechnya deserve to be part of the Russian Federation or should it be independent. Because it seems the media always portrays it as some Islamic terrorist spot, but Russia did invade Chechnya in the 1800s and the Chechens fought for independence. The Chechens were also treated... show more What I mean by this question is does Chechnya deserve to be part of the Russian Federation or should it be independent. Because it seems the media always portrays it as some Islamic terrorist spot, but Russia did invade Chechnya in the 1800s and the Chechens fought for independence. The Chechens were also treated very badly during the soviet eras too, so they obviously have been abused by Russia in the past. I know that several terrorist attacks have been made by Chechens but that was only made by the Islamic extremists. So what I'm asking is does Chechnya deserve their independence or is Russia doing a good thing keeping the part of the federation. Also, if Chechnya did become independent, would it become a safe, well governed and free country (like Georgia or Azerbaijan) or would it become like Taliban run Afghanistan? I don't mean to offended anyone Chechen or muslim, I just want too know is chechnya better independent or belonging to russia
2 answers 2