Jj ambrams and startrek?

I know this has been talked about countless times but do you guys think jj abrams ruined trek? I know it was getting a bit dull with old school trek. yes it needed to be reimagined a bit but do you think he went a bit too far? my gripes will be changing canon. Klingons look one way as do romulans. don't change... show more I know this has been talked about countless times but do you guys think jj abrams ruined trek? I know it was getting a bit dull with old school trek. yes it needed to be reimagined a bit but do you think he went a bit too far? my gripes will be changing canon. Klingons look one way as do romulans. don't change them because you want to. the original movie wasn't as bad because they did the alt universe which has been done in trek before. a few gripes about that, the warp drive turned into star wars hyper drive (or whatever it's called). they get to Vulcan in a few minutes? last time I heard in trek, Vulcan was 16 light years away! a few days at warp 5 and at least a day or 2 at 7 or 8? basing off voyager episode (hope and fear when they had to catch up with them) the federation didn't use canons (rapid fire pulse) until later on in the ds9 timeframe, yet they had it here. I know i'm picking at the petty things but that's what made trek what it is. the technobabble and imaginary technology. the warp drive was designed one way, yet when we see abrams engine room/warp reactor it looks like we're in the engine room of the @#!*% RMS titanic! in the 2nd movie what was the logic in hiding the ship in the ocean? how about a geosynchronous orbit above the volcano where line of sight can be obtained? another gripe is chris pine. worse actor to portray kirk by far. he plays the typical spoiled rich kid who cries and wines at everything if it doesn't go his way. then guess what he gets his way!. the others did a superb job except for the way they wrote scottys character. they made his the comic relief, scotty wasn't the comic relief. it's all petty stuff I know but being a trek fan since I can remember watching TOS with my mum... what abrams did was unjustifiable. the bridge of the enterprise looks like my local mac store with all the shiny stuff! looks like a chromed out semi truck. this franchise has lost it's spark. and instead turned it into a shoot em up love story just to bring in ticket sales.. sad but true that's all that matters now...
2 answers 2