ᴘɪA
ᴘɪA asked in Entertainment & MusicHoroscopes · 7 years ago

Quiz: What does your taste in Art say about you?

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/what-your-taste-in-ar...

BQ: Do you agree with the result?

BQ2: What is your Neptune placement? And any other relevant placement(s)?

Non-conformist, Visionary, and Independent

6 Abstract, -11 Islamic, -9 Ukiyo-e, -7 Cubist, -3 Impressionist and -9 Renaissance!

Abstract art uses a visual language of form, color and line to create a composition which exists independently of what may appear to others as visual realities. Western had been underpinned by the logic of perspective and an attempt to reproduce an illusion of visible reality. It allowed the progressive thinking artists to show a different side to the world around them. By the end of the 19th century many artists felt a need to create a 'new kind of art' which would encompass the fundamental changes taking place in technology, science and philosophy. Abstract artists created art that was diverse and reflected the social and intellectual turmoil in all areas of Western culture.

People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because th

because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.

• Talyn
    Favorite Answer

My results were:

Conscientious, Fulfilled, and Spiritual

28 Renaissance, 9 Ukiyo-e, 4 Islamic, -28 Cubist, -33 Abstract, 0 Impressionist

People that like Renaissance paintings like things that are more challenging. They tend to have a high emotional stability. They also tend to be more concientious then average. They have a basic understanding of human nature and therefore are not easily surprised by anything that people may do. They enjoy life and enjoy living. They are very aware of their own mortality but do not dwell on the end but what they are doing in the present. They enjoy learning, but may tend to be a bit more closed minded to new ideas as they feel that the viewpoint they have has been well researched and considered. These people are more old fashioned and not quite as progressive. They enjoy the finer things in life like comfort, a good meal, and homelife. They tend to be more spiritual or religious by nature. They are open to new aesthetic experiences.

No I don't really agree with this.

There were times when there were two really good pieces of art and I had to choose one so I chose Renaissance as a default... I hate Impressionist paintings because I like my art to be crisp and clear, and I dislike really abstract art because I want to know what I'm looking at (sorry, Picasso. Your fugly *** women don't inspire me). I'm also not spiritual and I don't necessarily "enjoy" living. I dwell on the end A LOT; I do focus on the present but that's only because I have Asperger's Syndrome and ADD and time is not a concrete concept in my head: It can't comprehend time passing very well, so 10 minutes feels like 3 minutes, an hour seems like 5 minutes, 45 minutes feels like an hour. Probably why I'm not good at math or doing things on time, LOL

I DO NOT have emotional stability. I am either depressed, excessively giddy, melancholy, irritated at nothing, or apathetic. I need to take Zoloft so I won't go off the deep end and hang myself or stab someone (I'm serious).

I AM interested in human nature and am fascinated by it, as well as peoples' motives. Once I learn about why people do this and their inner machinations that led them to say/think/do this or that, it because obvious to me in the future, yet a little dismaying because you'd think they'd learn from their or other peoples' mistakes when they did the same thing or were in a similar situation.

I DO love learning, and lately I have been closing off my mind quite a bit from new ideas. But that's only because that up until now I've been so liberal and open-minded that my thoughts haven't been my own but someone else's. I have the ability to consider every view point of anyone, whether philosopher, politician, terrorist, or asshole. It's very annoying to sympathize with people who are clearly intolerant, racist, or just plain crazy. So that's why I guess I'm shutting off my "empathy" switch so that I don't completely **** up my head before heading out into the real world. I need to find what my core beliefs are and stick to them or I'll go crazy from confusion and cognitive dissonance.

I'm liberal at times, and old-fashioned at other times. I'm Pro-Abortion, Pro-Death Penalty, and pretty much a Democrat, but a weird, out-there Democrat that is willing to put restrictions on people from doing stupid ****. I do NOT trust local governments to do anything properly, though, since the average American is pretty stupid (not saying politicians aren't stupid, but Jesus, there are some bumfucks as mayor or governor of their town or state.)

So all in all, this was probably 15% accurate :|

Source(s): Sun: Virgo Moon: Aquarius Rising: Libra Mercury: Libra NEPTUNE: CAPRICORN

16 Abstract, -7 Islamic, -9 Ukiyo-e, 5 Cubist, -14 Impressionist and -22 Renaissance!

People that chose abstract art as their preferred artform tend to be visionsaries. They see things in the world around them and in people that others may miss because they look beyond what is visual only with the eye. They rely on their inner thoughts and feelings in dealing with the world around them instead of on what they are told they should think and feel. They feel freed from the tendancy to be bound by traditional thought and experiences. They look more toward their own ideas and experiences than what they are told by their religious upbringing or from scientific evidence. They tend to like to prove theories themselves instead of relying on the insight or ideas of others. They are not bound by common and mundane, but like to travel and have new experiences. They value intelligence, but they also enjoy a challenge. They can be rather argumentative when they are being forced or feel as if they are being forced to conform.

I agree with my result :)

Aquarius in Neptune

Neptune in 8H

Moon square Neptune

Uranus conjunct Neptune

• celest

Got the same result in a different way.

8 Abstract, -17 Islamic, -10 Ukiyo-e, 4 Cubist, -9 Impressionist and -23 Renaissance!

BQ: kind of maybe? I'm not sure though. Although I love impressionistic, cubic and abstract art. I draw and paint stuff but it's always never up to my standard.

BQ2: Neptune in Capricorn in 3rd house,

Relevant placements: Saturn in Pisces 5th house

http://www.okcupid.com/results/what-your-taste-in-...

.

Simple, Progressive, and Sensual

24 Ukiyo-e, 5 Islamic, 0 Impressionist, -13 Cubist, -12 Abstract and 0 Renaissance!

Ukiyo-e (浮世絵, Ukiyo-e), "pictures of the floating world", is a genre of Japaneseand paintings produced between the 17th and the 20th centuries. it mostly featured landscapes, historic tales, theatre, and pleasure. Ukiyo is a rather impetuous urban culture that has bloomed in popularity. Although the Japanese were more strict and had many prohibitions it did not affect the rising merchant class and therefore became a floating art form that did not bind itself to the normal ideals of society.

People that chose Ukiyo-e art tend to be more simplistic yet elegant. They don't care much about new style but are comfortable in creating their own. They like the idea of living for the moment and enjoy giving and receiving pleasure. They may be more agreeable than other people and do not like to argue. They do not mind following traditions but are not afraid to move forward to experience other ideas in life. They tend to enjoy nature and the outdoors. They do not mind being more adventurous in their sexual experiences. They enjoy being popular and like being noticed. They have their own unique style of dress and of presenting themselves. They may also tend to be more business oriented or at the very least interested in money making adventures. They might make good entrepreneurs. They are progressive and adaptable.

Simple, Progressive, and Sensual

7 Ukiyo-e, -5 Islamic, -1 Impressionist, -13 Cubist, -12 Abstract and 3 Renaissance!

This is so true, especially about the progressive and sensual part. Not sure about the simple part though

Extroverted, Progressive, and Intelligent

24 Cubist, -5 Islamic, -9 Ukiyo-e, -16 Impressionist, 13 Abstract and -29 Renaissance!

Cubism was a 20th century avant-garde movement, pioneered by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braque. It revolutionized European art and inspired changes in music and literature. The first branch of cubism, known as Analytic Cubism. It was both radical and influential as a short but highly significant art movement between 1908 and 1911 mainly in France. In its second phase, Synthetic Cubism, (using synthetic materials in the art) the movement spread and remained vital until around 1919.

People that chose Cubist paintings as their favorite art form tend to be very individualized people. They are more extroverted and less afraid of speaking their opinions then other people. They tend to be progressive and are very forward thinking. As the cubist painting is like looking into a shattered mirror where you can see different angles of the images, the people that prefer these paintings like looking at all angles of a problem. These people are intelligent and they are the transformers of our generation. They look beyond what is seen into what things could become. They are ready to leave the ideas of the past behind and look at what the future has to offer.

BQ1- I agree with almost everything, except I've always considered myself an introvert.

BQ2- My Neptune is Sagittarius, my rising, sun, moon, mercury, Venus, and Jupiter is Leo.

Traditional, Vibrant, and Tasteful

6 Islamic, 5 Impressionist, -5 Ukiyo-e, -3 Cubist, 6 Abstract and -19 Renaissance!

• Ds34

Balanced, Secure, and Realistic.

20 Impressionist, 10 Islamic, -5 Ukiyo-e, -30 Cubist, -24 Abstract and 10 Renaissance!

Impressionism is a movement in French painting, sometimes called optical realism because of its almost scientific interest in the actual visual experience and effect of light and movement on appearance of objects. Impressionist paintings are balanced, use colored shadows, use pure color, broken brushstrokes, thick paint, and scenes from everyday life or nature.

People that like Impressionist paintings may not alway be what is deemed socially acceptable. They tend to move on their own path without always worrying that it may be offensive to others. They value friendships but because they also value honesty tend to have a few really good friends. They do not, however, like people that are rude and do not appreciate the ideas of others. They are secure enough in themselves that they can listen to the ideas of other people without it affecting their own final decisions. The world for them is not black and white but more in shades of grey and muted colors. They like things to be aestically pleasing, not stark and sharp. There are many ways to view things, and the impresssionist personality views the world from many different aspects. They enjoy life and try to keep a realistic viewpoint of things, but are not very open to new experiences. If they are content in their live they will be more than likely pleased to keep things just the way they are.

• Bree

10 Cubist, -8 Islamic, -1 Ukiyo-e, 2 Impressionist, 7 Abstract and -21 Renaissance!

Source(s): I excepted I'd get impressionist but oh well :P Pisces Sun Sag moon, Aquarius Merucury

That was a very cool test considering that I like art. This is the answer I got and all but one thing is true for me.. which is I do actually enjoy hearing the ideas of others and sharing my own as well; basically working as a team to come up with something. Everything else though was spot on.

Balanced, Secure, and Realistic.

4 Impressionist, 1 Islamic, -7 Ukiyo-e, -8 Cubist, 3 Abstract and -18 Renaissance!

I am Aquarius.

• Bambi

Simple, Progressive, and Sensual

9 Ukiyo-e, 4 Islamic, -3 Impressionist, 4 Cubist, 1 Abstract and -14 Renaissance!

BQ:Yes except I do like a good argument once in a while

BQ 2:Capricorn in 4th house.I think the "experience other ideas in life" has something to do with my Jupiter in Aquarius trine my rising which is in Libra and I think that's it so far

Source(s): Taurus