Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 7 years ago

Retirement & medical benefits (USA)?

Hi,

I'm researching on retirement and medical benefits in the USA. I've determined most of the retirement requirements, but not for medical benefits. No matter how much i try to refresh the page, my browser won't let me access into www.ssa.gov (the social security website)...I'm trying to access to obtain the application form for both retirement and medical benefits...

Since I'm unable to enter the social security website, I do not have the ability to acquire the forms to fill out. I'm not residing in the USA, but I am a citizen and have met the qualifications years ago.

my question is: Are you still able to receive social security benefits/medical/retirement benefits if you do not currently reside in the USA? Also, must the applicant fill out the forms in-person? or can it be done online? - again, due to the lack of information from my inability to access the website, I am unable to acquire any of these information myself.

Thank you very much for any help.

• Flower
    Best Answer

Did you try http://www.medicare.gov

If you dont live in the U.S. why are you looking for health care here?

You can get your retirement benefits mailed to you in another country.

You can do the application on line.

Here is another link to Social Security to apply for retirement benefit. Maybe you can access this.

Social security doesn't GIVE medical benefits. It's ONLY about Medicare.

You CAN get social security outside the USA. You will NOT find any Medicare providers, outside the USA.

You do NOT need to fill in paperwork in person.

Outside of the U.S., you are able to access only the money part of the social security benefits/retirement benefits. The medical benefits are only available inside the U.S. (In extremely rare cases, a person in a part of the U.S. where there are no suitable doctors or hospitals may access the benefits in the nearest available medical facility, even if it is outside the U.S. However, a person who is already outside the U.S. always needs to come to the U.S. to access the medical benefits.)

• Bill

You can receive social security retirement payments even when you live out of the country. Medicare benefits do not extend beyond the borders.

• myler

factor with the aid of factor: does not help offshore drilling. - LIE (in certainty, this is one subject I disagree with him on... he reported he became open to it..) needs new gas taxes (as though gas weren't intense adequate already). 0.5-certainty : quite, those are no longer taxes that get surpassed directly to the buyer because of fact they're taxes on providence earnings and speculations growth. needs new taxes on organic factors intake (heating gas, water, electrical energy.) in basic terms for organizations which fail to fulfill minimum environmental standards. (This regulation already exists... and isn't any longer being enforced) needs new taxes on retirement bills. FLAT OUT LIE needs new taxes to pay for socialized drugs so we are in a position to acquire the comparable point of scientific care as different 0.33-international international locations. (LIE - He needs non-obligatory subsidized scientific insurance to hold the general of healthcare as much as meet standards that something of the industrialized international already makes.) ]strengthen dividend taxes from 15% to 39.6%. (???) strengthen earnings taxes sometimes with the aid of double. (for below the precise 8%... which we are in a position to all agree are way too wealthy already.) Re-set up the inheritance tax. (LIE... fake) strengthen capital taxes from 0% to twenty-eight%. this could properly be a upward thrust on ALL abode revenues, and desires to characteristic new taxes on homes 2400 sq. ft or greater beneficial. (as quickly as returned... this could influence John McCain yet no longer me...) desires to furnish social protection advantages to unlawful extraterrestrial beings (ABSOLUTE FREAKING LIE)