Did the IRS scandal just turn into a colossal backfire for conservatives?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Internal Revenue Service manager, who described himself as a conservative Republican, told congressional investigators that he and a local colleague decided to give conservative groups the extra scrutiny that has prompted weeks of political controversy.

He is a conservative Republican working for the IRS. I think this interview and these statements go a long way toward showing that the White House was not involved in this," Cummings told CNN's "State of the Union" program.

http://news.yahoo.com/democrat-irs-testimony-shows...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Philip
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Republicans are making much ado about nothing.

• 7 years ago

Not surprising. I've known more than a few people over the years who have worked for that IRS office. Nearly all have been accountants, and nearly all have been Republicans. They work there because they like accounting, not because they like taxation. They're accountants and they use the tools of accountants: mathematics and logic, not creativity, to solve a problem. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out the keywords that might mean that an organization is in the game, not simply acting in the public good.

• 7 years ago

If I am to believe the spin of this story, I must also believe in black racism within both the Republican party and the civil service. Dismayed? Yes. Surprised? No. A dumbed down society will always revert to basic instincts.

• 7 years ago

The IRS looking into a party that's been beefing about taxes for the the last 4 1/2 years - what could possibly go wrong?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

there have been fifty 4 assaults on U.S. diplomatic posts for the time of the Bush administration which killed 13 American's. mixed they generated basically 3 Congressional hearings mixed on an identical time as whilst in comparison with 8 for Benghazi on my very own and merely approximately no media coverage. So i think of of all individuals understand the way Bush might have dealt with it. Being white, Benghazi might by way of no ability have been a controversy for him.

• Bob W
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

At best it shows that he was a useful idiot being used by the Democrats who released the names of donors to the press. At worse, it shows that he is a criminal depriving people of their legal rights and perhaps a mere scapegoat for his liberal bosses or a liar about his real political beliefs. To most conservative Republicans, the Tea Party is fairly harmless to the GOP and the Democrats both although Obama seems to be afraid of the shadow of the Tea Party.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

No you partisan git. Obamas disengagement and prioritizing reelection over governing via his vilify opposition divide the electorate and conquer 51% is largely to blame here. Learning about a major infringement of the Constitution on the news?

Sound familiar

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYZ2s_95gs

Oh and anyone can say they're Republican, I'd suggest you not believe everything you're told.

• 7 years ago

The people at that level don't set policy. The White House and congress does.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Been that way from the start

• 7 years ago

Probably just the opposite. If this guy is so honest, why not come forward earlier?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.