Anonymous

Can/Do you cook your cultural foods, or other kinds?

I was talking to my friend who is Mexican yesterday, and she was saying that even though her parents are from Mexico, her mom never cooked Mexican foods, but instead normal American dishes, like spaghetti - American style, and things like that. She doesn't cook Mexican foods either now, but for me, I'm Black and I'm learning to really cook and I'm good at it so far, but I'm more interested in cooking my cultural foods. I'm half Creole, so I like gumbo and jamabalya, shrimp creole, fried catfish (w/ hot sauce) and other things like that, but my mom is African American, so I'm also learning to make fried chicken and cornbread, red beans and rice, south style mashed potatoes and I want to learn how to make biscuits from scratch too, with homemade apple butter because I looooveee that food. Anyway, it makes me wonder how many people here can cook, and if they prefer cooking traditional foods, or just normal foods?

I also want to make cheeseburgers and stuff that's more "normal" but for now I'm into cultural dishes fsr. You?

• Vegito
    Best Answer

Yes, I can. I prefer traditional food.

I once tried to make biscuits, but it came out way too salty. I would like to master the art of cooking Louisiana style biscuits.

• warfel

What an magnificent probability to learn all approximately yet another subculture from the interior. so which you would be able to learn from books and stuff yet listening to the elders is the classic way in maximum factors of the international. Spending time listening and gazing. you quite ought to think of roughly happening trip and vacationing slightly. i assume you have tried some nutrients... and found out approximately specific issues human beings consume on specific activities. what's harder to comprehend is the guiding concepts...the underpinning values and way of doing issues that shapes each and every subculture in a various way. as an occasion believing in destiny fairly than shaping your guy or woman destiny or how significant loyalty or appreciate could be while in comparison with getting issues finished without put off or effectively. you basically isn't waiting to be totally integrated... you basically do no longer look the area. yet you may properly be well-known. studying some words of words notably those that categorical issues greater effective than ours demonstrates your appreciate and appreciation. Oh and don't ignore your companion chosen you for the reason which you have been who you're no longer because of fact he had to coach you asian. i assume you are the place he desires to be....

Not really good at cooking them but I like trying different stuff if it isn't too weird. I went to Italy and the Italian food there tastes so different from what we consider Italian here.

• Assefi

Food and cooking is a wonderful way to pass on traditions and cultures,so i think its great you are delving into your background. I do love my traditional foods, but i also like to try other cuisines. i like Thai, Vietnamese, Southern, Ghanian, Senegalese, Ethio, Lebanese,Moroccan etc. variety is the spice of life.

Yes, Nigerian food. Food from Europe, Latin America, and the Caribbean.