Why does the department of energy have a tactical team?

Why the he11 would would they need a tactical team that has weapons and what not?

Favorite Answer

A good question, and one with a fairly easy answer: The Department of Energy is responsible for the operation of nuclear storage sites, storing nuclear waste material, that if stolen, could be used to make a crude nuclear bomb. The tactical teams are there to prevent theft of material.

FYI, the DOE transports nuclear material in semis. These semis have up to three chase cars with tactical teams. In the event of an attempted hijacking of one of those semis, the tactical team springs into action. I can't tell you how I know this, just be content with the fact that I do.

Source(s): Former deputy sheriff/corporal

I guess you never saw "Live Free or Die Hard' where the bad guys try to take over the US power infrastructure (among other things).

• 0110

Starlord is correct. Well I can tell you what he can't. I trained with both AEC and later DoE agents.

Source(s): retired LEO, 5 years as tactical operator with my department

In case the taxpayers discovered the waste in the system.