is it hard to learn web design?

i wanna make websites, is it hard to make sites using like ps,fw and illustrator? forget the coding side but is it hard to make sites?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago

Most people confuse DESIGN and DEVELOPMENT. So are the previous answerer.

Development is "programming": make the images respond to user's actions. It is the hard and hidden part of the web. 99% of people THINK it is easy, because of all these "web-maker" programs that flog the web, and that a total beginner CAN make a page in a couple of hours. Making a complex website is far from simple, and it is not rare that the coding of a simple e-commerce can take several weeks of hard work by SKILLED programmers!

Design is "art", and, for the web, you must add "marketing": a badly designed site does not attract buyers...

Marketing can be studied. Art can be studied. Photoshop makes great web-pages that a good programmer can use. The designer does NOT need to know anything about HTML or CSS: that is the role of the programmer. In fact, I have never known a good designer who could put two lines of HTML together correctly! I DEMAND source designs in layered Photoshop.

BUT... does the knowledge of all this make you a GOOD designer? The answer is "no".

You may know how to use every colour of the palette, every technique, every program (I personally know them all), that does NOT make you a Salvador Dali or a Picasso (! am absolutely crap!)...

It is not hard at all... IF (BIG, BIG "IF") you have the GIFT to make images that have the "WOW" factor.

And that is given to one person in a million...

Source(s): http://web2coders.com - professional developers for professional buyers. Many apply, very few qualify.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Web design is the easiest part in programming. It's not hard you don't have to think like programming windows software or web application. All you need to do is remember HTML and CSS code and they're not hard to remember. You cannot make a website using Photoshop, Fireworks or illustrator. Those are just software to design webpage graphic, you need to learn HTML and CSS in order to creating a website.

• LipChg
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

It's not hard if you are passionate about it. Everything requires time to read and learn. Creating websites if not just about graphics and layouts. You need coding to help do processing and such. If you are only interested in the graphical part of the website then it's best to just go for graphic design only. There are tools to help you create websites but not entirely complete ones. If you decide to create simple websites that doesn't do any processing works, then using adobe software may be sufficient for you. Hope this helps.

• 7 years ago

I would say depending on what exactly you want to learn?

now a days its easy to build a site with tools like square space you can build a simple site.

Now sites that require coding yes it is EXTREMELY hard to learn that! Coding is not easy.

It also depends on what type of site you want to build? and whos going to do your artwork if you cant ? stuff like that! but if you just want a simple website just go with

godaddy or squarespace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.