can i carry a samurai sword?

i been having trouble with my parents and been planning to run away i live Louisiana and wanted to know if i can carry a sword can you please help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your cannot carry the sword concealed.

Yes, I know that it is not physically possible to conceal a sword unless you have a long coat or cloak or something like that. Carrying it around in a scabbard is not considered concealed.

But, being by yourself, being underage, and walking around with a visible sword will certainly draw attention, and police you encounter will be able to say that they had "reasonable suspicion" that would were planning a crime, since it is very unusual for kids to be walking around with swords.

Then, they can detain you and investigate, and then they'll determine your runaway status. At that point, you get taken into custody and separated from your sword.

So, your problem isn't so much that you can't carry a sword, as it is that you can't run away, and carrying a sword will draw attention to the fact that you're a runaway.

• 7 years ago

The only country with white arms (kinves and swords) regulations is Japan. Swords are legal in the United States. However, you may be banned from entering certain establishments such as bus stations or malls. Always watch out for "prohibited" signs and make sure it doesn't list anything resembling a blade. Don't complain if security guards ask you to leave - even though it's legal, they have the right to kick you out if they think you pose a threat to others.

• Kope
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Of course you can carry a sword. This is america. Nothing bad ever happens when you have lethal weapons with you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.