What book to read? Please suggest a few good books.?

I am a bit down in life and need a book that gives me hope and warmth but which is also a very good read. I don't want it to be candy coated. My taste in books is decent, i read classics as much as I read best-sellers. I need a book that would take me on a journey and leave me with a new perspective. A novel... show more I am a bit down in life and need a book that gives me hope and warmth but which is also a very good read. I don't want it to be candy coated. My taste in books is decent, i read classics as much as I read best-sellers. I need a book that would take me on a journey and leave me with a new perspective. A novel would be preferable, but I will go for anything that falls under the conditions I have put forth.
Update: I love all the suggestions you have put forth but "Hunger games", "Game Of Thrones" and "Harry Potter" are not in my alley. I have read them all and those are very entertaining books. I want books that will be both as engaging and will allow me to think.