Tracy asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 years ago

How can I possibly achieve a thigh gap?

Any advice? Thankssss

Favorite Answer

Well first off, I'm gonna warn you: Some people CANNOT achieve one, and would die in the attempt. Most can, but it requires them to be unhealthily skinny(not attractive!). A very small minority can have one at a healthy weight.

Now that being said, your best bet is to snack mostly on fruits and veggies. Try to avoid meat and dairy; eat them only in small amounts. Also, when you exercise, DO NOT do inner thigh exercises. This won't burn the inner thigh fat, it will just make the inner thigh muscles bigger(which may cause the thighs to touch!). Stick to cardio(running, biking, swimming, and the like). Cardio exercises will burn fat without building as much muscle. Also, don't you DARE starve yourself. Eat when you are hungry.

Now that being said, I strongly advise you NOT to obsess over having a thigh gap. It may be literally impossible for you to achieve, given your hips may not be wide set enough. I know for sure that it will require you to work down to an unhealthy weight; this will be unattractive to most guys, and you may even get picked on for being too skinny. So please, don't obsess over a thigh gap. Healthy is always better than skinny. Guys literally could not care less whether you have a thigh gap or not.

You just cant loose weight on one part pf your body. All you have to do is eat 1200 - 1500 calories a day. Go run for 30 minutes at least. Just do whatever that gets you motivated. But remember a slower progress is better than no progress!!

Source(s): Lost 5 pounds

If you aren't born with it naturally, you'll never get one.

I'm a dancer on a strict veagan diet, and also I do other exerscise everyday. I wear a size 3 in pants and I'm 5 9 but my thighs still touch, they're never gonna get small.

I agree with lauren. sorry I don't know

I have no idea but when you find out please tell me!