Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

How come jehovah's witnesses cant realize that they are a mind control cult and satanic?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the persuasion by which people such as yourself are convinced that other people belong to cults, inferior races, or any other derogatory classification, was never meant to persuade the objects of such prejudice.

For example, many white people were once persuaded to believe that black people only eat watermelon and fried chicken, but the propaganda by which they were convinced of that would never convince black people that they no longer like baked ham or corn on the cob.

Likewise, the propaganda by which a person such as yourself may be convinced that Jehovah's Witnesses can only find their doctrine in their own Bible translation, and aren't allowed to read any other translation, is not going to stop Jehovah's Witnesses from asking to read scriptures with you at your door, from your own Bible.

For another example, many people are persuaded to believe that there are 70 or more questions that Jehovah's Witnesses don't like to answer, but that doesn't stop Jehovah's Witnesses from answering those questions every chance they get.

Yet another example is that many trinitarians are persuaded that the monotheistic God of Jehovah's Witnesses cannot give the same sacrifice that a trinitarian Jesus gave as decribed in John 15: "13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (KJV), and that Jehovah's Witnesses cannot answer this.

However, that isn't going to stop Jehovah's Witnesses from accepting the sacrifice of the man Jehovah provided, knowing very well that God himself cannot die; only that man, and no other man qualifies. Further, it will not stop Jehovah's Witnesses from answering, if you listen long enough, that when Hebrews 11 praises the faith of ancient people, it is not the son, Isaac, but the father whom the the Bible praises; "17By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had embraced the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son," (NIV) Likewise, Jehovah's Witnesses praise the Father who provided the Son for our salvation.

In general, "cults" view a man as their leader, drawing reverence away from God. Anything that man says, goes. The membership feel justified in committing any sin, crime, or unethical behavior that he condones. Jehovah's Witnesses do not have such a man.

That is the pejorative, slang definition of the word, "cult". It is subject to opinion; for example, Judaism believes that Jesus was just a man, (if they acknowledge that he really existed), and therefore may consider Christianity a cult. Some other religions consider Catholicism a cult due to the prominence it gives the Pope and Mary. Due to the pseudo-religious fervor of Nazism, some have called it a cult. Other people base the opinion that a religion is a cult on the small numbers of its membership, or how much they disagree with a religion's doctrine.

That subjective definition is not accepted in usage by scholars of religion, who remember that the real meaning of the word is "veneration", or "a religious belief or practice". Therefore, the derogatory slang use of the word "cult" is not practiced in academic studies of religion, and originates with bigoted prejudice.

It would never occur to religious bigots that their bigotry fulfills prophecy, but they can't help fulfilling prophecy, any more than some racist bigots can help joining the KKK:

"First of all you must understand this: In the last days mockers will come and, following their own desires, will ridicule us" - 2 Peter 3:3 (ISV)

"People will be selfish and love money. They will brag, be arrogant, and use abusive language. They will curse their parents, show no gratitude, have no respect for what is holy," - 2 Timothy 3:2 (GWT)

Since the word "cult", means "veneration" or "religious belief or practice", it is an appropriate description of Christian worship, and need not be taken as the insult that you intended.

Now that you've observed one of Jehovah's Witnesses quoting other Bible translations than our own, do you recognize that we're allowed to use them, or does your cult have you under such mind-control that you will believe what ever they tell you, rather than your own eyes?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • lorina
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No, they don't seem to be a cult. Jehovahs witness's don't seem to be anymore of a cult than some other religion. How would they be a cult? They are not performing weird satanic rituals or out killing folks? So no, of path they are not a cult. They are a Christian organization that believes in Jesus Christ and God. When you name Jehovah's Witnesses a cult, you'd must call each different faith a cult as good. And no, they don't use brain washing techniques. I've attended some meetings of Jehovah's Witness and they are very average and well prepared.

• Kye
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

If I had a dollar for every-time some silly person called us a "mind-controlled cult" ~ I think I'd be rich.

Just because you choose to have that opinion of us, doesn't make it true, you know?

In order for us to be mind-controlled; That means we'd more than likely have to be hypnotized. That would also mean that we would be stripped of our ability to make choices on our own....Doesn't that sound just a LITTLE outlandish to you? Silly, right?

We're not hypnotized. We CHOOSE what paths we want to take. You think Jehovah's Witnesses like going out in territories, where people are insulting them, slamming doors in their faces, and just looking for a chance to have an argument? No. We do it because we choose too.

You think we like being a part of a group that a lot of people can't stand; thus making us the target of verbal abuse? No, once again, we choose to be a part of this group.

How are we satanic? "Of or characteristic of Satan" - We try our best to imitate Jesus and the first-century Christians, make our life choices from the Bible's standpoint and constantly try to meet God's high standards. We shun anything that offends God - such as bad association, immoral music, immoral video games, immoral books, and immoral movies, etc. We refuse to own anything that carries any spiristic meanings; whether it be amulets, or even dream catchers.

To top that off - we don't take part in most holidays because they have to deal with worship to false gods, spiritism, etc. Our beliefs and teachings are all based on the Bible. All of our literature contains information FROM THE BIBLE.

We seek to live in peace with one another, smiling, laughing and enjoying each others company; while we make it our main objective to please Jehovah day-in and day-out.

So tell me; How is ANY of that Satanic? How is ANY of that cult-like? How does ANY of that show evidence to us being mind-controlled?

Listen; I don't know where you're getting your information from - but it's as reliable as a boat with a giant hole in the hull.

Source(s): An Unbaptized Jehovah's Witness
  • 7 years ago

Why is that every group some Christians disagree with is called Satanic? I am not a JW, but we nonbelievers have that thrown our way a lot too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

No one wants to admit they are in a cult it's insulting their intelligence.

I admit I was in one. In my defense I was born into it, would I have ever picked this cult? nope not a chance. When your raised in a cult outside info on the cult is very much non existant due to the information control by the cult.

Source(s): Was in the watchtower.
  • 7 years ago

No one in a cult EVER realizes that they're in a cult. Even you, Dave.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Candle sticks deep up my anal hole has a nice gliding feeling inside

• Because we realize we escaped yours.

• 7 years ago

If they did realise, then they would not be JW's.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.