Is this a scam? I received a letter demanding payment for an old debt.?

I received a letter from Convergent outsourcing Inc. Dear first name last name This notice is sent to you by a collecting agency. The records of LVNV funding LLC shows that your account is past due.bla bla bla. The law limits how long you can be sued for a debt, Because of the age of the debt LVNV will not sue... show more I received a letter from Convergent outsourcing Inc.
Dear first name last name
This notice is sent to you by a collecting agency. The records of LVNV funding LLC shows that your account is past due.bla bla bla. The law limits how long you can be sued for a debt, Because of the age of the debt LVNV will not sue you and not report it to any credit reporting agency.
No explanation of the so debt.
The original creditor is HSBC bank USA N.A ?
I have no idea what that is never heard of this bank. Now if I respond they will tell me what the debt is and the original creditor is. I have never had any unpaid debt, what gives here.