hunt
hunt asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 7 years ago

Which name do you like for a girl?

Clementine Paige OR Mara Elle

Mara - (MARR-a)

Favorite Answer

Mara Elle! Love it! Good job :)

Clementine Paige: Clementine is OK but not something I'd pick, it has a hipster-ish ring and reminds me too much of the "Oh My Darlin' Clementine" song, which makes me picture a big-footed hillbilly chick. Paige is just dull and dated, I've never liked it. The two names flow well together though.

Mara Elle: I like Mara, it's pretty, elegant, and simple yet uncommon. Elle is OK but it flows very awkwardly with Mara...the vowel sound Mara ends with kind of smushes into the one Elle begins with, and because there's no syllable after Elle the whole thing just ends in a mush.

An idea...what about Mara Clementine? That way you get both names you liked enough to consider as first names, the flow is good, and the odder, more make-fun-of-able name is in the middle where she can use it or not as she sees fit.

• Mara Elle

• Rondi

Clementine Paige

• Leah

I really like Clementine Paige!!! I think it is so sweet, very cute name. I think Mara sounds a little harsh, not very pretty for a little girl.

• Ashley

Mara. Clementine is atrocious

Mara is nice, but go with what your heart tells you.

Clementine Paige is gorgeous :)