When you get your green card how long does your employer have to keep youÉ?

I have an approved I-140 as an EB-3 for an Electronics Engineering position. My priority date will come up some time next year and my lawyer will be filing my adjustment of status later this year. I have heard cases of employers getting someone a green card for a great job with good pay. Then after a short... show more I have an approved I-140 as an EB-3 for an Electronics Engineering position. My priority date will come up some time next year and my lawyer will be filing my adjustment of status later this year.

I have heard cases of employers getting someone a green card for a great job with good pay. Then after a short time, laying them off and offering them a lesser position for less money.

Therefore, I would like to know if there is any specific length of time required by law they have to keep a person in the exact originally offered position.