When you are generating solar energy, how does the excess energy get distributed back into the grid?

I know that excess energy is sold off to the power company, and the meter runs backwards, and that the grid tie inverters are in sync to the power supply, but does the output of the inverters directly get shared in the neighborhood, or does it go back to the power station? Also, how is energy from different sources... show more I know that excess energy is sold off to the power company, and the meter runs backwards, and that the grid tie inverters are in sync to the power supply, but does the output of the inverters directly get shared in the neighborhood, or does it go back to the power station? Also, how is energy from different sources get combined to form the power in our homes? PLEASE PROVIDE SOURCES, AND PUT DOWN WHERE IN THE SOURCES! Best answer will be picked.
1 answer 1