Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 years ago

Will Eating Two Meals A Day Help Me Lose Weight ?

So Lets Say For Breakfast I Eat A Steak And For Dinner I Eat Like A Bowl Of Rice By Doing That Will I Lose Weight ? I Also Run A Mile Everyday

Favorite Answer

Yes. Scheduled meals (two or three per day) will help you lose weight if you tend to eat randomly during each day. I'd encourage you to learn more about the Whole Food, Plant Based (WFPB) diet which can help you avoid hunger pangs associated with the Standard American Diet (SAD). Finding a very healthy and balanced diet sustainable throughout your life is very important.

Intermittent fasting (IF) is another popular method of eating that seems to work in conjunction with WFPB lifestyle. After trying several approaches, I found that the alternate day fast was best for me. I only consume water after dinner for 36 hours, eating only on odd days. (It's easier to track and plan by choosing odd or even days.) Others follow an eating pattern that is less extreme. The 5:2 diet is very popular in Europe

Source(s): "Whole" T. Colin Campbell "Fasting and Eating for Health" Joel Fuhrman "Eat More, Weigh Less" Dean Ornish

Its actually a much better idea to eat MORE meals per day. Sounds crazy I know, but im not talking big three course meals here. Eating about 6 smaller portion meals actually gives your metabolism a kick start and therefore doesn't leave much calories for your body to turn into Fat. I wouldn't go with the two meals a day, if you put your body into "starvation mode" everything you eat could be stored into Fat and will be counter productive.

I will try to keep it simple. Your metabolism is basically the rate at which your body burns calories to create energy. So the faster your metabolism, the faster you burn calories and the easier it is to lose unwanted weight. To boost your metabolism naturally you just need to eat the right foods.

You can sit down and literally eat a 1,000-calorie dinner and yet be absolutely starving just a few hours later and the reason is simple: Because your body didnt get what it needed in those 1,000 calories so it sends signals to your brain telling you to ingest more calories and thus, the late-night cravings. That means that the surest way to end those late-night cravings and keep your weight loss goals on track is to eat a more balanced, nutritious diet that actually gives your body what it needs.

It's VERY EASY to lose weight if you eat the right foods. Check out Dr. Charles Livingston's video here: http://www.sexyjese.com - it will blow your mind.

I hope to encourage you to change your mind about your diet as you don't want to end up ill and eating like this especially when involved in exercise or running (as you do) will only serve to harm your body later on.

I suggest that you avoid eating such heavy meals like steak for breakfast.. You need to be eating Small meals throughout the day in a Balanced manner, say - 4 to 5 especially when you're exercising/running.

Eat 60 -90 minutes before training and always eat after even if it's just fruit. Avoid eating late (after 8pm) and be smart with water.

And sorry to shock you, but 'running' is not the best way to lose weight, you'll need to perform a variety of exercises (aerobic but not limited to just running) like: skipping, swimming, cycling, rowing, even sitting in the sauna/steam room will help but if you're more of an 'action taker' (like I'm sure you are) then you'll not limit yourself to that either.

Try Grapefruit juice as a slimming aid, and remember that Detoxification is a must for losing weight, so be sure to watch and make notes of what you're eating.

I will take your dietary notes and 'amend' them for you if you contact me.

Also, a word to the wise - your state of mentality is the key factor to losing weight; if your mind is against what you do (negative/doubtful) even in the smallest way then you are automatically 'robbing' yourself of progress. Positive thoughts please :)

You know where to find me if you want to know more, Onwards & Upwards - Anthony (AAW) ;)

Source(s): As always, I write from my Experience and from my Heart - I don't copy from online sources - although I would advise people to use the internet as a free resource of information/knowledge. I, however prefer to remain original in the content that I offer - experience leads the way. I am a Healer, Trainer, Mentor & Life Coach. Thanks for reading - Anthony (AAW)

I don't believe in this method. It's just as easy to eat three meals and lose weight. Merely, count calories.

Not healthy,eat 3 big meals per day+exercise and you're good to go.

Sure. But it will make you grumpy and irritable and you will become a lot weaker due to an increased breakdown of fat, bone, and muscle (since you aren't properly feeding yourself)

push a grocery cart for 45 minutes

• person

Um no, you'll actually end up gaining weight. Do your research...

stand while waiting for a train