Will you go barefoot in summer even if the ground is really HOT?

How will your feet respond to the heat? LOL!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Depends on what I'm walking on! If if I'm walking on grass, yes, I'll go barefoot. If it's asphalt or concrete, no way!

• Same strategies as for hot asphalt except for sand burns almost the entire foot. This is usually also between the toes, most of the arch area especially for lower arches, and in front of the heel. Having to flick the foot and toes in the air to cool off a foot at the end of each burning hot step needs to be done sooner than on asphalt.

• 6 years ago

Yes, I will go barefoot in summer even if the ground is hot. Most sidewalk is less hot--even gray concrete and red brick tiles. Most asphalt is very hot--especially smooth blacktop and black brick tiles.

Hot enough, my feet will definitely respond by burning. Standing burns faster than walking. Sometimes the burning will not get any more, and sometimes the burning will continue to increase. I have found that if the feet start tingling and stay tingling from that much burning, then it is necessary to cool the feet almost immediately. If there isn't a shade patch, then staying on the edges of the feet or lifting one foot in the air might be enough to cool the feet from tingling. If the tingling becomes a watery pinching sensation, part of the foot is already blistered.

Then again, since burning of the feet more and more is a necessary part of increasing heat tolerance, pushing the feet sometimes to blisters is considered normal, until the feet no longer blister from that extra hot heat.

• 7 years ago

If it's going to harm my feet then no. Although in the UK it never gets that hot so I can comfortably be barefoot.

Source(s): :)
  • 7 years ago

You bet I would. Ever since I walked across hot burning coals to join the Apache tribe, a little bit of hot ground doesn't bother me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

No I will keep my sandals on unless I am standing on grass.

• Badger
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

yup, just gotta stick to the grass

• 7 years ago

I have shoes okay....

• 7 years ago

why should i

• xx
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

No?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.