Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Should a 12 year old get a nose piercing?

My sister turned 12 about 3 months ago and shes been begging to get her nose piercing for a year and I know she'll look after it properly because shes pretty responsible but I wanna get your opinions. I think its okay because I know lots of people who got their nose done at 12.

Update:

her school allows nose piercings.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I dont know i feel like that's a little too young to get a nose piercing. She should wait till shes like 13. But hey if its ok with your mom than she can absolutely go for it .

• 8 years ago

the problem is that most places don't allow 12 year olds to get a piercing even with an adult. They allow from the age 13 and up

• 8 years ago

I think that it is a little to young but if your mom and dad think its ok then why not do it. See I'm having the same problem your sister is except I want to get my ears pierced but still have so many concerns

Source(s): I'm a dude ,14
  • 8 years ago

No. Not ok. 16 is a decent age for piercings other than ears

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

yeah I think it's fine but you might want to suggest she gets a clear stud put in because schools can be strict about that kind of thing and nose piercings close over so easily so she probably doesn't want to take it out all week

• 7 years ago

If your parents allow it then hell yeah! Go for it. Just make sure she cleans it properly.

• 8 years ago

No way to youg AT LEAST wait till shes 13 or 14

• 8 years ago

Its up to the mom my sister got one at 6

• 8 years ago

No you are too young maybe when you are 16

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Society these days....yes that is too young, it's better to get it when she is older.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.