Which member of The Beatles had the best solo career?

BQ - Best album of each

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandra
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

All 4 had a fantastic solo career ....

After all ... They are The Beatles ...

But as we all know George died in 2001

John in 1980 ...

I must say that Sir Paul has an impressive career ...

"The many awards received by Sir Paul McCartney include BRIT Awards, Grammy Awards, American Music Awards, MTV Video Music Awards, MTV Europe Music Awards, and the UK's Q Awards. As a member of The Beatles, his songwriting partnership with John Lennon produced" some of the most popular music in rock and roll history.

In June 1965, Paul McCartney and his bandmates were Awarded the Members of the Order of the British Empire. More than 30 years later it was Announced the part of the 1997 New Year Honours que McCartney was to be knighted for services to music .

The Library of The Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, created in 2007, is Awarded annually. On June 2, 2010 in a White House ceremony, McCartney received this prize from President Obama. The Gershwin Prize is the highest award a musician can receive in the United States; McCartney is the first non-American recipient of the award, the previous recipients were Paul Simon and Stevie Wonder. "

"In December 2010, McCartney was one of five recipients of the annual Kennedy Center Honors."

"On 4 September 2012, the Elysee Palace Announced que McCartney has been nominated for the Legion of Honour for services to music. He received the insignia of the rank of Officer by President Francois Holland in a ceremony on Saturday 8 2012 in Paris."

BQ: Paul = RAM and Red Rose Speedway

John Lennon = Imagine

Gorge Harrison = All Things Must Pass

Ringo Starr = Photograph

Source(s): Here, There And Everywhere
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

I think John had the most interesting solo career, his best was probably Plastic Ono Band album. Paul did some good work with Wings, but his 1980s career was very disappointing. George Harrison did some notable work with the Travelling Wilburies and was successful in his own right. And Ringo is just Ringo lol. He's limited in what he can do but everyone likes him.

Paul was probably the most commercially successful after The Beatles but George gave him a run for his money. After The Beatles it became more obvious which part each of them had played in the group. It would've been good if Paul found a Lennon equivalent for himself, someone who would challenge him to be greater. But it seems he likes running his own show. He did something with Nirvana and looked like he enjoyed it but it was for charity and he didn't follow up on it.

• 7 years ago

Paul McCartney. Guinness World Records described McCartney as the "most successful composer and recording artist of all time", with 60 gold discs and sales of over 100 million albums and 100 million singles, and as the "most successful songwriter" in United Kingdom chart history.

BA: Paul - Ram

John - Imagine

George - All Things Must Pass

Ringo - Photograph

• I think john as done the best solo album with The Plastic Ono Band but obviously his carrer was tragically cut short , Paul has in my opinion been the most consistently good

Source(s): Paul BA Tug of War George AllTHINGS MUST PASS Ringo -RINGO
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Definitely John Lennon. And to the idiot who said Harry styles, learn your music

Source(s): Me 😃
  • 7 years ago

The drummer before Ringo, Pete Best.

• Paul, clearly- he is still selling out massive shows in his 70's.

• 7 years ago

john lennon

• 7 years ago

george harrison

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.