Where on the FBAR form do I enter my (single owner) offshore LLC accounts? Part II, part IV or part V?

Thanks for that answer, Bobbie. I've pored over those instructions many times, and maybe it's just me, but I still don't see clearly what to do. Perhaps I'm supposed to submit 2 FBARs, one for my personal accounts, one for my LLC accounts? If I can only tick one box in part 1, I'm not sure what to tick that covers both (personal and LLC accounts). And then under which section to list the details for the respective accounts. All under 'consolidated'?

• Bobbie
    Favorite Answer

Help in completing Form TD F 90-22.1 (PDF) is available Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, at 866-270-0733 (toll-free inside the U.S.) or 313-234-6146 (not toll-free, for callers outside the U.S.).

www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/FAQs-Regarding-Report-of-Foreign-Bank-and-Financial-Accounts-%28FBAR%29---Filing-Requirements

Page 8 of the form does have some information that you MIGHT find helpful once you do go to it and start reading OK.

Explanations for Specific Items

Part I — Filer Information

Item 1. The FBAR is an annual report. Enter the calendar year being

reported. If amending a previously filed FBAR, check the “Amended”

box.

Item 2. Check the box that describes the filer. Check only one box.

Individuals reporting only signature authority, check box “a”. If filing a

consolidated FBAR, check box “d”. To determine if a consolidated

FBAR can be filed, see Part V. If the type of filer is not listed in boxes “a”

through “c”, check box “e”, and enter the type of filer. Persons that

should check box “e” include, but are not limited to, trusts, estates,

limited liability companies, and tax-exempt entities (even if the entity is

organized as a corporation). A disregarded entity must check box “e”,

and enter the type of entity followed by “(D.E.)”. For example, a limited

liability company that is disregarded for United States federal tax

purposes would enter “limited liability company (D.E.)”.

www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f90221.pdf

Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 06/07/2013

A single member LLC is a disregarded entity at the federal level. You file the FBAR as an individual and can list all accounts in Part II.

If your LLC has its own TIN (EIN in this case) you could file 2 FBARs I suppose, but since the EINs are tall tied to you anyway, I'd just keep it simple and report it on one FBAR.

• tro

of course you would submit one for your personal and one for your LLC, depending on what entity you are claiming the LLC--this is only a state designation, is NOT recognized by IRS as anything other than a Corp(S or C), a Partnership or a sole proprietor--which would then make it personal