Im looking for some really good western country songs help any ideas?
Johnny Cash-(Ghost) Riders in the Sky
Toby Keith-Club Zydeco Moon
like this kind of sound to them i would really appreciate your help thank you.
please give more than one answer.
- Ramblin ManLv 77 years agoBest Answer
Hi, Dale Watson below is similar to Johnny Cash. Below is a list of older country/folk artists, followed by modern alternative/underground country, which sounds more like the older country. You can find more artists like below by searching for alternative, americana, outlaw country, rockabilly/psychobilly, folk, and stuff like that on sites like youtube, reverbnation, lastfm, and pandora radio. This is by no means a complete list. Links below.
Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, Johnny Horton, Johnny Paycheck, Woody Guthrie, Hank Williams Sr., Hank Williams Jr, Dick Curless, CW McCall, Dave Dudley, Red Sovine, Marty Robbins, Bob Dylan, Pete Seeger, Burl Ives, Doc Watson, The Carter Family, Emmylou Harris, Leadbelly, Neal Young, Ramblin' Jack Elliot, The Weavers, Joan Baez, Peter Paul Mary, John Prine, John Denver, Iris Dement, Bascom Lamar Lunsford, Arlo Guthrie, Gordon Lightfoot, Tanya Tucker, Loretta Lynn, Charlie Pride, Charlie Daniels Band, George Jones, Randy Travis, Reba McEntire, Lefty Frizzell, Clint Black, Kris Kristofferson, Pam Tillis, Alabama, Rodney Crowell, George Strait
Now here is a list of modern alternative/underground country singers,
1. Joey Allcorn - Alabama Chain Gang, 50 Years Too Late, Six Feet Down, This Ain't Montgomery feat Hank III, Graveyard Bound feat Lonesome Wyatt, Honky Tonkin' Ramblin' Man, (Graveyard Bound is country/metal mix.)
2. Bob Wayne & The Outlaw Carnies - Road Bound, Mack, Till' The Wheels Fall Off, Ain't No Diesel Trucks In Heaven, Lyza, Driven By Demons, 2012, All My Friends
3. Tonya Watts - The Day Hank Jr. Came To Town, Lonesome Bend Road, Cumberland Angels, Jesus Cowboy, Thought You Should Know, Daddy's Redneck Flaws
4. Little Lisa Dixie - Stoned Again, I'll Go With You, Devil's Gate, Living To Survive, Bonnie And Clyde, Woke Up Broke, Stop Acting Like a Lady, Bury Me Deep, Dance With The Devil, Getting Over You.,
5. Dale Watson - Justice For All, Hollywood Hillbilly, A Real Country Song, From The Cradle To The Grave (This guy is similar to Johnny Cash)
6. Steve Earle - Copperhead Road, Guitar Town
7. Pistol Annies - Hell On Heels, Takin' Pills, Family Feud, Hush Hush (Miranda Lambert's side band project.)
8. Curtis Lyn Cook - Watching America Idle, Outlaws (He is real country!)
9. Junior Brown - My Wife Thinks Your Dead, Highway Patrol
10. Matchbox - Rockabilly Rebel, Rockin' At The Ritz (Not country but rockabilly.)
11. Hank III - Louisiana Stripes, Rebel Within, 3 Shades Of Black, D. Ray White, Me And My Friends, Gutter Town, Getting' Drunk And Falling Down, Thrown Out Of The Bar (many more!)
12. The Hillbilly Moon Explosion feat Sparky - My Love For Evermore (rockabilly/psychobilly video on youtube!)
13. Rachel Brooke - Knoxville Girl, Bottle Tippin' Blues, Dead Dog, Wolves, The Barnyard (She just came out with a new album.)
14. Jackson Taylor & The Sinners - Country Song (Video is on youtube)
MORE: Hellbound Glory, Old Crow Medicine Show, Honky Tonk Hustlas, Jimbo Mathus, Gillian Welch, George Goss, Lydia Loveless, Joe Buck Yourself, Ghoultown, The Secret Sisters, Shooter Jennings, Wayne Hancock, Scott H. Biram, J.B Beverly & The Wayward Drifters, No Speed Limit Band, Jamey Johnson, Sarah Jarosz, Roger Alan Wade, Dixie Bee Liners, Tanner Flowers (aka: Tanner Flowers on youtube), Adrienne Young & Little Sadie. There's also a modern day drifter/Woody Guthrie called Pokey Lafarge he's a mix of blues, country and folk music. Pokey has some great stuff if you look around on youtube!
(Dale Watson - Justice For All official video) Notice his similarities to Johnny Cash.
(Joey Allcorn - Honky Tonkin' Ramblin Man) Check out his other songs such as "50 Years Too Late", Graveyard Bound, and so on.
(George Goss - Ain't No Honky Tonks In Jail) Modern Texas country, if you like the older singers such as Willie & Waylon, then you will like this guy. I recommend the song "Welcome To The Badlands" on reverbnation.com
(Hugo - 99 Problems) This is Hugo's cover of rap song "99 Problems", it has a southwest type feel to it!
(The Hillbilly Moon Explosion feat Sparky - My Love For Evermore) If you watch it a couple times it will grow on you, think of a Tarantino movie! Awesome video also! Notice the Johnny Cash like guitar style!
I hope you enjoy these artists. Good luck!
- 5 years ago
Hank Williams Sr., Buck Owens, Merle Haggard, Wynn Stewart, George Strait, Alan Jackson, David Ball, Radney Foster, Dale Watson, Webb Pierce, Faron Young, Ernest Tubb, Bob Wills, Dwight Yoakam, Junior Brown
Here's a singer I just found on youtube that I like:
- donahueLv 43 years ago
There For You by means of The undeserving Darlin by means of Between The trees Inevitable via Anberlin past love track through throughout The Sky i'll Take You back by means of Jeremy Camp walking Her home by way of Mark Shultz