Russia took interest in a science paper I wrote & would like for me to visit. Should I?

I written a short paper about El Nino and La Nina and it pretty much a report of what has been going on. I discuss the current trends of El Nino and La Nina and recent climate impacts, and I briefly mention the Russian heat wave of 2010 in the paper with its relations to La Nina. Then About 2 weeks later after I posted it on the internet, I was shocked some from Russia at the hydrometeorological center took interest. They said pretty interesting information I written, and they said it would be great if one day I can come to Russia and present more information on El and La Nina because its not fully known to them. They know about it, but would like to know more current findings.

I don't think I will go because of some of the things I heard that happen in Russia.

• Oirdne
    Favorite Answer

it is called Russophobia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russophobia‎

Do not worry, it is not lethal disease.

• In

I see no risk for you. A lot of Russian scientists study the Pacific so they are surely interested in getting more details. So you could ask them how they are planning to arrange your coming and presenting more information. Do they invite you to take part in a conference or to lecture? Or are you supposed to just come and sit in a cafe and talk about your findings? If they invite you to lecture, you will be paid, sure, your fees won't be as high as Mr. Ponomaryov's ones :))

A lot of scientists come to Russia every year to take part in seminars etc., they even come over and over again.

Russian scientists visit different countries as well, it's called the international scientific cooperation.

So, it's up to you, of course, but it's an official invitation, you have nothing to fear.

As says there: 1 better to see once than to hear 100 times.

I don't see reason to fear that you don't know.

Source(s): Russian