History can you check my answers?
1. In the late twentieth century, liberals believed that
the federal government should intervene to help the needy.
taxes should be reduced for all Americans.
the federal government should limit regulation of industry.
the national defense system should be strengthened.
2. What helped Ronald Reagan win the presidential election of 1980?
his strong defense of liberal values
his governorship of a Rust Belt state
his experience in national politics
his gifts as a polished communicator
3. Which group described itself as a political organization with religious goals?
the John Birch Society
the Great Society
the United Nations
the Moral Majority
4. The re-energized conservative movement of the 1980s was led by
Lyndon B. Johnson.
5. The Roe v.Wade Supreme Court decision
assured women the right to legal abortions.
legalized government vouchers for private schools.
forbade religious teaching in schools.
outlawed profanity on television and radio.
6. Supply-side economics rests on the theory that if taxes are reduced,
people will horde their money, slowing down the economy.
the role and size of the federal government will expand.
people will have more incentive to work and more money to spend.
the federal government will collect less money in taxes.
7. The recession of 1980–1982 was hardest on
legal immigrants to the United States.
the wealthiest Americans.
blue-collar workers and farmers.
deregulated and unregulated industries.
8. President Reagan sought world peace through
9. Why did Saddam Hussein’s troops invade Kuwait?
Hussein wanted to end Kuwait’s illegal drug trade.
Hussein wanted to punish Kuwait for its support of terrorism.
Hussein wanted Iraq to have access to the Persian Gulf.
Hussein wanted control of Kuwait’s oil reserves.
10. What profoundly transformed entertainment, education, commerce, and research in the United States and much of the world in the 1990s?
cable television news
the World Bank
11. What is a major benefit of globalization?
It has led to the even distribution of wealth around the world.
It has enabled every nation to become an industrial power.
It has made more products and services available to more people.
It has decreased the number of multinational corporations.
12. Who ran as an independent presidential candidate in 1992 and pledged to govern by sound business principles?
H. Ross Perot
Al Gore, Jr.
13. Which of President Clinton’s efforts to change domestic policy failed?
his initiative to reform healthcare
his effort to pass the Family Medical Leave Act
his attempt to pass the Brady Bill
his effort to pass a $30 billion anticrime bill
14. Who authored the Contract With America plan for government?
George H.W. Bush
15. What is required to convict a president in an impeachment trial?
an admission of guilt by the president
a two-thirds majority vote of the Senate
a three-fourths majority vote of the Senate
a two-thirds majority vote of the House of Representatives
16. Who was the world’s only superpower at the end of the Cold War?
the United States
the European Union
17. What increased in the post–Cold War world?
famine outbreaks in Europe
violent regional conflicts
faith in communism
peace in Somalia and Haiti
18. Which of the following occurred in the 2000 presidential election?
George W. Bush won the votes of states along both coasts.
George W. Bush received more popular votes than Al Gore, Jr. did.
The Supreme Court awarded Florida’s votes to Al Gore, Jr.
The Supreme Court ended the recounting of votes in Florida.
19. The terrorist attack of September 11, 2001, led to
economic sanctions against Saudi Arabia.
the United States severing relations with Israel.
a major shift in American foreign policy.
a decrease in the federal budget deficit.
20. What is the largest minority group in the United States?
21. At the turn of the new century, women and African Americans (1 point)faced more discrimination than ever before.
continued to make social and political gains.
saw their incomes drop significantly from prior years.
made no gains in either income or education level.
- MichaelLv 68 years agoFavorite Answer
2 is D. Reagan's nickname was "The Great Communicator". He was a former Gov of California but the Rust Belt includes all or parts of NY (western part); Penn, Ohio, West Va, Indiana, Michigan & Wisconsin.
7 might be C--recession hurt the Manufacturing industry (Blue-collar workers). Also President Carter's cancellation of the wheat sale to the Soviet Union & Eastern Europe really hurt farmers in 1980.
18 is D. A Supreme Court decision stopped the recount. It was Gore won New York & almost all of New England on the Atlantic coast as well as Calif, Oregon, & Washington State on the Pacific coast.
EDIT----I didn't stay up all night. Took me 5 minutes.
- 5 years ago
All yall old Mf need to shut tf up he asked to check his answer chill out and eat a damn prunes and shut tf up!
- TerryLv 78 years ago
You got to be kidding . Is that your weeks homework. You don't really expect us to stay up all night answering all those questions , Don't be so lazy.
- 6 years ago
hey at least theyre not asking for the answers