Why don't republicans call for congressional hearings on the USS Liberty attack like with Benghazi?

@BORIS "yours is the libertarian antijew left equivalent of democrat bush bashin

what does it matter??"

The American heroes who survived the attack on the USS Liberty were also called anti-jew by the pro-israel groups and.people like you.

What does it matter? I should ask you that. Why are you people so afraid of their testimony if it doesn't make a difference?

@bekindtoanimals, Do you believe wikipedia, or the library of congress?

From: hssref@loc.gov

Date: Jul 25, 2006 12:06 PM

Subject: Library Question - Answer [Question #1727003]

To: joe@ussliberty.com

Dear Patron:

Thank you for your query.

After checking numerous resources, including the CIS (Congressional Information Service) Indexes to Congressional Hearings (both published and unpublished), and the Public Documents Masterfile, I could find no evidence that the Congress ever held hearings or launched an investigation into the June 8, 1967 incident with the USS Liberty.

The Library of Congress does have the following titles concerning the USS Liberty in the Library's collections:

[Several references follow] I hope that this information is helpful.

ECH

Reference Librarian

Main Reading Room

Humanities & Social Sciences Division

Library of Congress

101 Independence Ave., S.E.

Washington, D.C. 20540-4660

(202) 707-3399

@Mark F,

USS Stark was struck by two Iraqi missiles shot from a single Iraqi jet. It was a tragedy, and i have the utmost respect for the American heroes who died and were injured in that incident. That being said, there were congressional investigations into the USS Stark incident. So why not the USS Liberty?

"I know I don't believe your post. " You don't have to believe me. If you truly care about what happened that day then you should listen to the people who were actually there.

http://www.ussliberty.org/lentini2.htm

http://hnn.us/articles/195.html

http://www.gtr5.com/evidence/warcrimes.pdf

Favorite Answer

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- voltaire

There were 4 days of hearings on the USS Liberty incident. It was determined to be a mistake although many aboard the ship disagreed with that assessment.

"In May 1968, the Israeli government paid US$3,323,500 (US$21.9 million in 2013) as full payment to the families of the 34 men killed in the attack. In March 1969, Israel paid a further $3,566,457 in compensation to the men who had been wounded. On 18 December 1980, it agreed to pay $6 million as settlement for the final U.S. bill of $17,132,709 for material damage to the Liberty itself plus 13 years' interest."

Evidently they worked on compensation for several years as well.

• Mark F

I know I don't believe your post.

Why the USS Liberty? Why not the USS Stark? It was attacked by a then American ally and more American's were killed. Why don't you care about them?

****EDIT****

There were no Congressional hearings on the Stark incident you ignorant dumbass, just a Naval Board of Inquiry. Prove positive you are the racist lying scumbag I suspected you to be.

Naval travel the 3rd frontier! These WERE the voyages of the USS LIBERTY. Under her captain Jesus H Mice.

Source(s): Jesus H mice told me ;)

yours is the libertarian antijew left equivalent of democrat bush bashin

what does it matter??

You should try perusing sources of information that are not horrendously biased.