What sides dishes should I serve with shrimp tempura?

I am having shrimp tempura for a dinner party and I want to know what other should dishes I can

serve with it

Favorite Answer

For me personally, I'd have any number of these

Various sauces (a sweet, a spicy, a traditional tempura style)

raw or lightly stir fried various veggie sticks to eat plain or w the sauces.

Miso Soup *easy to make* and darn tasty

Some kind of coleslaw maybe a mixed fruit or apple, or pineapple one

Pickled veggies of whatever ind floats your boat.

Sticky Rice in small bowl

Sticky Rice rolls wrapped in nori, contents of roll , if any, at your discretion

Stir fried veggies

Some kind of noodles

Probably some pickled ginger slices to cut the heavy flavors for your guests.

Here's a few ideas:

-Miso soup-They have instant packages in the market these days if you cannot find fresh miso paste.

-Steamed (sticky rice) also called Sushi Rice

-"Gomae"-(Boil up about 2 bags of spinach, drain and press out the water. Press the spinach into rounds or little bowls and top with a drizzle of sesame oil, a little peanut dressing & toasted sesame seeds

They both are Perfect for your health. If you eat both, you're better off. But yea, I've choose fruits because they taste better.

A tough one. I like to serve either carrots or asparagus with seafood. Cook them in the oven with kosher salt and olive oil until tender.

I'd serve a grilled asparagus and some rice.