What are some good books like Eragon, Divergent, and the Hunger games?

I'm looking for some good summer reads. I especially like books with swords, fighting and adventure (medieval times). I also like books like the hunger games and the divergent series. I really prefer books without like too much sex stuff..... Let me know if there is anything good to read out there!!! :)

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Dalton
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Piers Anthony's "Xanth" - large magical land, which basically over lays Florida, Anthony has about 30-something books out now and they keep taking secondary characters and making them main characters. He also explores concepts and ideas that he peruses over in earlier books and ever since a critic said something negative about a pun he put in the book, he now accepts reader puns and comes up with his own to splatter all over his books. (For instance, if someone throws down a dime in front of you, you literally 'stop on a dime'. :))

RA Salvatore's "Drizzit Novels" - about the life and adventures of a dark elf who is a good being in a world where cruelty and evil are the social norm. He breaks the stereotype and has to deal with the consequences.

Diane Duane's "Young Magickers" - about young wizards. The kicker here is that magic is almost a science, with formulae and scientific calculations necessary to complete the spell. She started writing them in the 80's I believe, but has recently started releasing updated versions with more modern slang.

Jim Butcher's "Dresden Files" - a modern day chicago wizard detective. He helps with cases that the regular police and detectives can't handle and you get into his magical world alot. Something I like about it is that he keeps evolving and the bad guy from a few books ago that he could barely handle is now a piece of cake. That's not usually the case. Take "Lord of the Rings" for example. Sauron is always the tuff bad guy and the characters would still have just as much trouble if they faced him again.

• 7 years ago

Bring Me the Head of Prince Charming- Robert Sheckley and Roger Zelazny

Birthmarked- Caragh O'Brien

Daughter of Smoke and Bone- Laini Taylor

The Blade Itself- Joe Abercrombie

Glow- Amy Kathleen Ryan

The Name of the Star- Maureen Johnson

Across the Universe- Beth Revis

I Am Number Four- Pittacus Lore

The Selection- Kiera Cass

Ashes- Ilsa Bick

Shutter Island- Dennis Lehane

Timeline- Michael Crichton

Graceling- Kristin Cashore

Mistress of the Art of Death- Ariana Franklin

• 7 years ago

I love the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. I read it right after I read The Hunger Games and then the Divergent trilogy, and if you liked those two, you will love this one. I actually enjoyed it more than the other two. Also, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver is an awesome book. Good luck finding another good book to read.

• Throne of Glass by SJ Maas

The Bell Between the Worlds by Ian Johnstone

Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman

The Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

Source(s): www.booksteensandmagazines.com
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

You might like:

Graceling by Kristen Cashore

The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss

After the Fear by Rosanne Rivers

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld

After the Fear by Rosanne Rivers

Chaos Walking series by Partick Ness

Wither by Lauren DeStefano

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Ashes Ashes by Ilsa J. Bick

Enclave by Ann Aquire

Legend by Marie Lu

Matched by Ally Condie

Hope this helps!

Source(s): Books I like
  • Bobbie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

The Maze Runner series The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Incarceron series Song of Ice and Fire series Mortal Instruments series The Dark Tower series Saga of Recluse The Wheel of Time His Dark Materials trilogy Bartimaeus trilogy Millenium series ^^All of these are really good, hope you enjoy.

• 7 years ago

Under The Never Sky has a good setting for me when I read it. It comes with two POVs, a boy and a girl. It's a dystopian/post-apocalyptic book.

• 7 years ago

Will Grayson Will Grayson:

One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, two teens—both named Will Grayson—are about to cross paths. As their worlds collide and intertwine, the Will Graysons find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, building toward romantic turns-of-heart and the epic production of history’s most fabulous high school musical.

The Fault in our Stars (This is a really good book. I recommend if you're into romance books)

"The Fault in Our Stars" starts one summer day when Hazel Lancaster goes to her cancer support group and meets Augustus Waters, a 17-year-old who happens to be missing a leg.

Looking for Alaska:

Miles Halter has no idea what’s in store for him when he transfers to his father’s old prep school. He certainly doesn’t anticipate rooming with a short, stocky boy nicknamed "The Colonel" who memorizes the capital and populations of all the countries in the world. He definitely doesn’t predict Takumi, the rapper with the fox hat, or Lara, the quiet Russian girl who is his first date. And he never anticipates a girl like Alaska Young coming into his life and changing it forever.

An Abundance of Kathrines:

When it comes to relationships, everyone has a type. Colin Singleton’s type is girls named Katherine. He has dated–and been dumped by–19 Katherines. In the wake of The K-19 Debacle, Colin–an anagram-obsessed washed-up child prodigy–heads out on a road trip with his overweight, Judge Judy- loving friend Hassan. With 10,000 dollars in his pocket and a feral hog on his trail, Colin is on a mission to prove a mathematical theorem he hopes will predict the future of any relationship

Paper Towns:

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life–dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge–he follows

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues–and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.

(All of those are by John Green. One of my favorite authors!

Maximum Ride (omfg I absolutely love this series! I don't think you understand. This is literally one of favorites out there! It is absolutely amazing!)

The first book is "The Angel Experiment":

The book is set in the present and centers around the 'Flock', a group of human-avian hybrids (98% human, 2% bird) on the run from the scientists who created them. It focuses on Max (Maximum) Ride, the leader of the 'Flock', and the first-person narrator of the story.

The Pickle King by: Rebecca Promitzer

Bea lives in the nowhere town of Elbow, where it rains so much the residents have green mold growing between their toes. Nothing ever happens in Elbow. Its closest claim to fame is a giant pickle factory, owned by Herman, the Pickle King. Herman's a small-time big shot, a local celebrity...until he turns up dead. And when Bea and Sam stumble across the body--minus one eyeball--in the water-logged basement of a creepy old house, suddenly THEY'RE ones in a pickle! With a mystery to solve, maybe this summer won't be such a bore after all...

Unwind by: Neal Shusterman (Really amazing! I highly recommend no matter what books you're into)

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state, is not talented enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape - and to survive.

Uglies by: Scott Westerfield (Haven't read this but heard it was good)

After befriending the Crims, a group of fellow teens who refuse to take anything in society at face value, Shay starts to question the whole concept of being transformed from an ordinary "Ugly" into a paragon of beauty. And as the Crims explore beyond the monitored borders of Uglyville into the forbidden, Shay must choose between the perks of being Pretty and the rewards of being real.

Hope this helps

• 3 years ago

I like short, trimmed nails more than I like long nails. The only time I like seeing long nails is if they're painted, simply because I think they look disgusting without. They look like long claws in order to me.

• ruben
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I'm a guy, and privately, I don't like long nails. I know a lot of like lengthy, painted nails cause they're "so pretty", but I don't like them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.