Any Medical Assistants, LPN's or RN's out there that can give advice?

I'm 21 and have two years of College under my belt, I've been going to Kent State University for Nursing. (RN) I'm having second thoughts about the RN thing though. I know it's a great thing to get into; I'll never have trouble finding a job, and I'll be paid well. I know. But here are my... show more I'm 21 and have two years of College under my belt, I've been going to Kent State University for Nursing. (RN) I'm having second thoughts about the RN thing though. I know it's a great thing to get into; I'll never have trouble finding a job, and I'll be paid well. I know.

But here are my personal thoughts on it, I feel as though RN's push papers more than they are actually hands on with patients... That is the exact opposite of what I want to be doing. I would rather wipe butts as an STNA for 9 dollars an hour rather than push papers as an RN for 50 dollars an hour. That's just where my heart is at. I'm not in it for the money necessarily, but I DO however want to make wise decisions for my future family later down the road. So 9 dollars an hour isn't quite cutting it, however 50 isn't quite necessary, ESPECIALLY if my heart isn't in it!
That's why I'm thinking something in-between, I would be happy with 15-20 dollars an hour; which is why I'm thinking Medical Assisting? (Possibly through Ross Medical Center?)
Just wondering if anyone has experience with Medical Assisting, and would recommend it? It is worth paying 16K for a certificate through a highly accredited school? Or would a certificate from a Career Center for half the price be just as good??

OR could you recommend something OTHER than Medical Assisting that might better suit me??

(Another fun fact of where my heart is --I LOVE OLD PEOPLE!! So something in geriatrics would be greattt for me! Any ideas for me and my confused self?)