Don't you hate it when everybody claps when the airplane lands?

Do you do it?

Because I hate it, so stop!

I mean, this is their job, they get paid £25,000 p/y on average, then don't need a round of applause.

Favorite Answer

This has never happened to me before.

But I have to agree with you. You don't clap when your waiter delivers the food, when the bus driver arrives at your stop or when the cashier rings up your groceries. There shouldn't be a reason to clap about this either.

I have never experienced it.

Actually, it is usually not for the pilot. They do it for nationalism in Latin America.

Internal flights do not get applause, but the second they touch down in their OWN country they begin clapping.

I don't. But sometimes, you just can't help but smile when the plane lands so smooth you don't even feel you're already on the ground. Well, if the ringing ears didn't already give it away.

I've never known it happen but actors, singers and atheletes are applauded for just doing their job.

i also hate it and i also hate all the cheesey families that are doing it i hope their holiday gets wrecked

• Ilkay

Hate it!

No, I don't mind.