What are some good horror, mystery or adventure point and click PC games?

I'm looking to buy some new pc games. I love point and click adventure games (horror, mystery, and adventure) and wanted to know what are some good choices. I like the nancy drew series, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Secret Files, Amnesia, Scratches, Grey Matter... I like the ones where you have to find objects(NOT HIDDEN OBJECTS GAME) and/or put them together to advance and also solve riddles and talk with characters. Any good ideas?

Best Answer

I suggest. The Penumbra series, since you like amnesia, they're from the same developers. Think of the penumbra games as prequels to amnesia, because they pretty much are, amnesia's there sequel. They're both fantastic games, the gameplay is pretty much the same as in amnesia.

I'd actually suggest going to GoG.com they have a ton of classic point and click adventures games.

Horror - Sanitarium, Gabriel Knight series, Alone in The Dark (be warned graphics were Amazing back when it was released in 1993 or 94, not so much now. Still a classic game series, i'd suggesting playing 1 and 3, then 2.) Phantasmagoria, The 7th guest, The 11th Hour, Waxworks. I'd also like to suggest Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines. Not quite what you're looking for, but it's right up your aisle in my opinion. Also DarkSeed Series, think you could probably find Darkseed 1, and 2 on an abandon ware site, or something.

For straight up adventure. Pretty much every TellTale game, sam and max series, the walking dead, strong bads cool game for attractive people, Back to the Future, Wallace & Gromit Adventures, Hector: Badge of Carnage, Tales of monkey island. Other adventure games (not telltale) The secret of monkey island series, can be found on steam, Leisure Suit Larry series, Quest for glory, Space Quest, The Longest Journey, Myst, Broken Sword Series, Tex Murphy Series, Simon the Sorcerer series, The Dig, Indiana Jones games.

Most of these games can be found on either steam or GoG. http://www.gog.com/ Gotta love GoG, no DRM! Don't have to log into freaking steam to play me some games.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I'm looking to buy some new pc games. I love point and click adventure games (horror, mystery, and adventure) and wanted to know what are some good choices. I like the nancy drew series, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, Secret Files, Amnesia, Scratches, Grey Matter... I like the ones where you...

Source(s): good horror mystery adventure point click pc games: https://tr.im/LkNpB

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axsOY

The old resident evil games for the PS1 can be emulated on about any PC these days. If you can find a working Emulator and the ISOs of the games, you could potentially have 20+ games that are similar to the kind you like. It might not be 100% legal if you never owned the games in the past, so I wont link you any, however If you are clever and google was friend and you were a Pirate in a nice warm Bay living in .Org I could help you. I know most of them were ported about 5 years ago, I'm sure your PC could run the early ones even if you cannot get the emulator thing figured out.

• Jay

You can download many classic point and click adventure games from Steam for really cheap. Indiana Jones and Fate of Atlantis is pretty great.

Hi there,

This is a link where you can downlod for free Broken Sword Return of the Templars: http://j.mp/1ub181p

Finally the full version is avaiable!

The story is based on the ancient order of Templar Knights and their dark secrets.

It's a must have game.

Art of Murder series, there are 3 games :

AoM : FBI Confidential

AoM : Hunt for the Puppeteer

AoM : Cards of Destiny

Good Graphics and Mystery :)

Source(s): Youtube

1)Hitman Absolution

2)Sims 3

3)My Little Army

4)Bully

5)AC3

Thank You And Enjoy

Amnesia: The Dark Descent F.E.A.R Series Doom Series Silent Hill Series

The one in my mind now is SLENDER ( Horror game ) .