In medieval times. Would they allow a kid to be king? (Like in Game of thrones)?

I've seen plenty of movies and have read several fantasy medieval books, and I've never seen anyone bow down to a kid. This is why I ask the question, because Idk if it did happen in real life. Lets look at Braveheart, they would have never knelt to a kid. Lets go to any Roman movie, them neither. As for... show more I've seen plenty of movies and have read several fantasy medieval books, and I've never seen anyone bow down to a kid. This is why I ask the question, because Idk if it did happen in real life. Lets look at Braveheart, they would have never knelt to a kid. Lets go to any Roman movie, them neither. As for books, I've read plenty of barbarians like the anglo-saxons and vikings, but the way they do things isn't by lineage. They are no dynasty like in Game of thrones. But even then, in medieval times where you had jousts and knights, they would have never allowed a kid to rule, dynasty or no dynasty. Am I wrong? Can I have an example of a kid who was king? (And I don't want to know about other cultures, 'cause I know that kids have been kings before, but I've just never heard of it in medieval times. In times of the barbarians they only knelt to a man experienced in battle, a chief. After this came a more civilized way of doing things through dynasties for these people, but that doesn't mean they would ever listen to a kid.)