Buying research chemicals online.. legal?

So.. In my over excitement I requested to buy a certain research chemical online. Only afterwards I wondered whether such activities are illegal? It was BCI-540/MKC-231. I never really thought of the law regarding this, because I figured it would be fine seeing as I'm not harming other people by doing so. Any... show more So.. In my over excitement I requested to buy a certain research chemical online. Only afterwards I wondered whether such activities are illegal? It was BCI-540/MKC-231.
I never really thought of the law regarding this, because I figured it would be fine seeing as I'm not harming other people by doing so. Any other relevant comments are welcome. Note that I'm not in the US, if that makes for any difference.
Update: Ahh.. it's unregulated. And my request was a rather public request, so to speak.
0