Is this a good build for gaming?

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K Processor

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V-LX Motherboard - New Z77 Chipset

RAM: G.Skill F3-8GB 1600MHz

SSD: Samsung 120GB 2.5-inch SSD 840 Series

HDD: Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue (WD5000AAKX)

CD drive: Samsung 22x DVDRW (SH-S223)

GFX: Galaxy Geforce GTX670 2GB GC PCIe

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GTS Snow Edition Gaming Case(without PSU)

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 750W

Heatsink: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler

Wi-Fi Card: ASUS PCE-N10 Wireless N Card ($35.00)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Yes, it is perfect for gaming, you will be able to play every game maxed out.

If you have not bought the PC/Parts yet,

In gaming you will not see a big improvement with the with the 3770k, as most games do not utilize hyper threading, the big advantages of going with a 3770k, is if you do a lot of video editing, things with adobe programs, such as adobe CS6,and graphic designing, it also has a big advantage in benchmarking as well.

If none of what I have mentioned is something that you are not considering, I recommend staying with the 3570k, as it is just as fast and snappy as the 3770k, minus Hyper threading, you will not see a real world performance difference when opening programs, starting Windows or web browsing.

Also , If you plan to overclock or are interested in overclocking with the 3570K and the 3770k, Intel offers a great Overclocking plan( http://click.intel.com/tuningplan ) that allows you to be able to overclock your CPU, with no worries about voiding your warranty. the warranty covers any damages to the CPU, the best part about it, is if you ever have to RMA your CPU back to Intel, they will replace the CPU for you, no questions asked.

Hope this helped you,

Ericlee30

Intel Response Squad

• 7 years ago

YES its a very good gaming PC. However you might consider that the timing of the RAM is one of these 7-7-7-21 or 8-8-8-24 . Also if you want to save some cash you can go for i5-3570k which will have the same performance on games, but if you need hyper threading tech for anther high memory intensive applications like video editing then stick with the i7, and you must know that hyper threading is not optimized by all games and even there are some benchmarks shows that when using hyperthreading in gaming cause some FPS loss..

If you only care about gaming then GTX 670 will do 70% of work. The PC is perfect for gaming.

• 7 years ago

You really don't need that powerful of a CPU to run games. The GPU does most of the work; therefore, I think the AMD FX 6300 would be a very good gaming CPU. You would only need an intel CPU if you running CPU intense applications such as 3D animation or video editing.

With the CPU that I'm suggesting, I also like the Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3.

You could also get a more powerful Graphics card with the money you could save by going with a cheaper CPU. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.