Can I get IL temporary license plates at any Secretary of State facility?

I purchased a used car from a private party. It is a friend of the family so I know the title is clean. The currency exchange was unable to do the title and registration and issue temporary plates for me. They told me I have to go to the DMV. So, I registered the car online. My question is...do I have to go to a full service facility that offers License Plate services? Or can I bring my paperwork to any SOS facility and obtain the plates?

• JetDoc
    Favorite Answer

You need a full-service vehicle registration facility.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I purchased a used car from a private party. It is a friend of the family so I know the title is clean. The currency exchange was unable to do the title and registration and issue temporary plates for me. They told me I have to go to the DMV. So, I registered the car online. My question...

Source(s): il temporary license plates secretary state facility: https://shortly.im/EBgEb