Running on 8 hours of sleep total over the last 3 going on 4 days, whats wrong with me?

Ive had insomnia for years, but never quite this bad.

So the the night before last I got about 5 hours of sleep (kindof normalish for me) the night before that I only slept about 3 hours (more abnormal, but not necesserily unheard of for me) and last night I didnt go to sleep at al. Its usually about now that I would be passed out on the couch in front of futurama dead asleep for the next 8 to 10 hours but I cant even bring myself to shut my eyes, how is this possible?

I am under a lot of stress and rather depressed right now from all different angles (severe family drama, friend and relationship and work stress all exploding simultaniously on a massive scale) so I would almost expect some kind of sleep deprivation to ensue, but why is it so damn bad!

the strangest part is that im not even all that tired, ussually I would be floating through everything I do on a pillow of grey emotion and introvenious thought, but im not, I feel like normal.

Any thoughts, I was mostly just blowing off a little steam, but some input would still be appreciated

Best Answer

Maybe you're Iron Man.

If you didn't get that go watch Iron Man 3 shame on you.

It's possible b/c like you said. Depression and stress. Those do crazy things to your body.

You know some people cope w/ those things by sleeping too much. At least this way you can be a little productive?

I suppose you could take some sleeping pills but that's a quick fix.

Try a bunch of things that's supposed to make you go to sleep.

Really boring sermons.

Monotone voices of anything really.

Sleepy music.

Stay in a really dark room constantly.

Really quiet places.

Do something you hate like dig out that old textbook and start reading it.

My baby just became 5 weeks, so in experience in phrases or time, i have much less. Anything my youngster has carried out (i'm going somewhere with this) is she is going to devour unless she is incredibly overly full and then spit almost all of it up. Not fun. So something i have started doing, that seems to work is to examine to see if she is fairly hungry before feeding her. Usually babies just need to suck. The motion is acquainted and comforting. So if she's being fussy and seeming like she needs to consume, i will offer her my pinkie or pacifier first. If she really is hungry she spits them correct again out and appears at me like i am crazy, if not she sits there fortunately and sucks away at my finger. If your son is hungry, feed him. Although it is earlier than his nap time, i'd simply propose making sure that he's hungry first. Letting him go to sleep without feeding him is an effective step to weaning him. You might try feeding him prior in the day (round 12:30). Bear in mind toddlers cry due to the fact they have got to inform us anything - whether it is that they're hungry, or they've bloodless feet, or that they simply have to comforted and held, and normally that they don't seem to be able for that final step but. ... In regards to the eyes thing - He could be particularly in the world around him now. When babies are first born they can most effective see certainly for approximately a foot to a 1 1/2 feet away. Things could also be clearer now, and as such more fascinating to him. First-class of good fortune!

Find yourself a weed man, smoke a blunt. That should put you right to sleep and relieve all stress and get rid of being depressed lol

Insomnia is quite common now, due to spiritual awakening.

Try calming the mind and having dim light around bedtime.

I find having a warm bath just before sleeping can help. (Disadvantage is sleeping with wet hair.)

Smoke a blunt

• James

Go for a really long run... it absolutely knocks me out.