How do I delete my Microsoft/Windows live account without deleting my xbox live account?

I don't know, it's a really long complicated story. I tried to log in xbox live, but I forgot that when you sign in, you had to type in (for example) Diana@live.com But instead, I used my yahoo account and typed in (another example) Diana@yahoo.com And that took me to another page. And then I had a... show more I don't know, it's a really long complicated story.

I tried to log in xbox live, but I forgot that when you sign in, you had to type in (for example) Diana@live.com
But instead, I used my yahoo account and typed in (another example) Diana@yahoo.com

And that took me to another page. And then I had a NEW xbox account? Because when I clicked /I accept the terms,' to who knows what, (I forgot already, I was just trying to remember the password for my xbox live.) It signed me in, which is what I wanted, but my new gamertag for the xbox live was something different than MY gamertag. It was totally different.

Then I remember I had to use LIVE in my username to sign in, so I typed in (example) Diana@live.com and it signed in to MY xbox live profile.

Now all this Microsoft stuff is really annoying and confusing. And I want to delete it, (I mean I don't even use it to chat, if I remember correctly, it told me I had to make a windows live account to make an xbox live account.)

SO THE QUESTION IS:
Can/how do I delete my Microsoft account and/or windows (windows live account I believe) WITHOUT deleting my xbox live account?

Because it told me that If I deleted my msn/Hotmail account, my xbox account could get deleted.

AND NO. I do not want to make a new account and/or gamertag, or move it to another msn account because I frankly don't even want to have an msn/Hotmail account. I have a reputation all over the internet using that ONE username, and I don't want to use anything without that specific username. I JUST want to keep it to my yahoo email account.

If it is possible, PLEASE help me!! Thank you all for your wonderful advice!
1 answer 1